Policy and Communications Officer
UNIC - International Union of Cinemas
Deadline for applications: 4 September 2017
Send CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
The International Union of Cinemas (“UNIC”) is the European trade association representing the interests of cinema theatres and their national associations across 36 countries. We are based in Brussels and work with European and international institutions and film industry partners to promote the cultural, social and economic value of cinema. See www.unic-cinemas.org for further information.
We are looking to hire an experienced Policy and Communications Officer to work across a range of political and industry issues:
- Analysis and advocacy: Monitoring and analysing EU and national policy developments relevant to cinema operators. Drafting UNIC positions and updates. Developing a network of contacts to be able to identify key policy and market developments at an early stage. Working with contacts in European institutions and partner organisations across the creative industries to ensure that UNIC’s voice is heard;
- Communications: Developing a communication strategy and implementing specific communications activities. Drafting, editing and proofreading materials including statements, reports, briefings, articles, and letters and ensuring their targeted distribution. Supporting a refresh of UNIC’s website and keeping it up-to-date thereafter with relevant resources and materials. Supporting a radical upweighting of UNIC's social media and web presence;
- Event management: Assisting the team in developing and organising policy and industry events that are of interest to cinema operators across Europe;
- Association management: Some administrative work will be required.
3. YOUR PROFILE
- 1 - 3 years’ work experience in EU affairs, preferably related to the audiovisual or cultural and creative industries;
- Understanding of EU decision making processes and EU institutions;
- Good knowledge and experience of social media and online communications;
- Excellent writing and analytical skills, and ability to communicate complex information in a concise, accurate and readable manner for different audiences;
- University degree;
- Fluent English (spoken and written), other European languages desirable;
- Motivated, analytic, organised, team-oriented.
Interviews with selected applicants will be held on 21 September in Brussels. Applicants for the role should express their interest by sending a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 September 2017.