MPA - Motion Picture Association EMEA
About the Motion Picture Association (MPA)
We are the international voice of the Motion Picture Association of America. We aspire to advance the business and art of filmmaking and celebrate its enjoyment through our regional office in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA). The European and US entertainment industries have a common goal: promoting and protecting the creative sectors, the talent that is at their core and the millions of jobs they support. The EMEA office of the MPA is based in Brussels, Belgium and was opened in 1995. Our principal activities include: work on legislative and regulatory issues at European and national levels; development and implementation of content protection strategies; and collaboration with other right holder groups to promote intellectual property rights and the interest of the audiovisual sector. More information is available on our website at www.mpaeurope.org.
Stage Outline and Function
The MPA EMEA communications department is offering a full-time internship at its offices in Brussels for the duration of six months. The intern will receive a financial compensation. The selected candidate will support the Communications Director in implementing the EMEA communications strategy which is to enhance the MPA’s advocacy and content protection efforts by shaping the public perception of the film and TV industry by emphasizing the industry’s innovative edge, economic impact, leadership and shared accountability in the internet ecosystem.
Specific Activities and Deliverables
- Set up and effectively manage the process of using specific events and resources to highlight that our industry is pro-innovation, pro-consumer and well established across the EU;
- Support the Communications Director in developing visually appealing communications materials such as factsheets with infographics to be used in communications activities;
- Support the Communications Director to effectively use senior-level staff speaking engagement, public appearances and proactive engagement with the media where appropriate;
- Proactively look for opportunities to update and enhance the MPA EMEA website and blog;
- Support the Communications Director in twitter engagement and look for opportunities and materials that could be tweeted/re-tweeted;
- Support the Communications Director in working together and liaising with the Legal Department;
- Keeping track of activities as per plan and monitor media on relevant actions;
- Draft, edit and circulate weekly communications updates as well as a monthly report and tracker of activities;
- Participate in relevant expert group meetings to gain knowledge of key topical issues and proactively address specific communication needs.
- Customer Focus;
- Energy and Stress;
- Team Work;
- Quality Orientation;
- Time Management;
- Creative and Innovative Thinking.
- Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related disciplines background/studies;
- Must possess excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications with strong writing and editorial abilities;
- Working knowledge of social media best practices and familiarity with social media platforms;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, wire services, media monitoring software and other public relations tools;
- Fluent command of spoken and written English; other EU languages desirable.
How to apply
Please send CV and covering letter (to the attention of Ms. Sabine Henssler) to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please insert “COMMS” in the subject line.
Deadline: 31 July 2017.