Alumni Relations Officer
EMBL - European Molecular Biology Laboratory
Staff Category: Supernumerary (maternity cover)
Contract Duration: 1 year
Closing Date: 6 August 2017
Reference Number: HD_01155
The European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) is one of the highest ranked scientific research organisations in the world with 1600 employees from more than 80 countries, operating across six sites in Heidelberg, Hamburg, Grenoble, Rome, Hinxton and Barcelona.
The Alumni Relations Officer reports to the Head of Alumni Relations.
S/he will be expected to support all EMBL alumni relations activities as listed below:
- Preparing and updating alumni data in the Contact Management System;
- Producing alumni reports, statistics and maps annually and ad hoc;
- Preparing documents for Alumni Association board meetings;
- Responding to general staff and alumni queries;
- Conducting staff sign-in and sign-out talks;
- Preparing for and attending staff and alumni events;
- Keeping the alumni relations website up-to-date;
- Administering the John Kendrew and Lennart Philipson Awards;
- Filing and general office administration;
- Training Alumni Relations interns;
- Contributing to team discussions on best processes for the office and EMBL alumni relations;
- Participating and contributing to monthly Advancement meetings;
- Support to all areas of Alumni Relations.
Qualifications and Experience
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years' related experience. Knowledge of alumni relations is an advantage but not a must. Candidates should have excellent communications and networking skills, and an understanding of working in an international environment. The candidate will need a good knowledge of a data management program. Fluency in English is essential. Fluency in other languages, especially German, is desirable.
Please apply online through www.embl.org/jobs.
EMBL is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to an international research organization with a very collegial and family friendly working environment.
The remuneration package comprises a competitive salary, a comprehensive pension scheme, medical, educational and other social benefits, as well as financial support for relocation and installation, including your family, and the availability of an excellent child care facility on campus. Heidelberg, the headquarters location, offers an exceptional standard of living, together with superb wider employment and education opportunities.
Interviews are planned for 11 August 2017.