Climate & Energy Expert
Climate Alliance is looking for a Climate and Energy Expert to join its highly moti-vated and multilingual Brussels team and work on Covenant-related activities – in particular to support the overall Data Management, Monitoring and Reporting process.
His/her tasks will include:
EU Covenant of Mayors initiative
- Coordinate the technical and methodological work of the EU Covenant of Mayors;
- Assist Covenant signatory cities in the development and implementation of local energy and climate action plans as well as monitoring reports;
- Update and further develop support materials for Covenant signatories (e.g. guidelines, thematic leaflets);
- Monitor the implementation of the initiative (e.g. via annual reports, ag-gregated statistics and performance indicators, good practices);
- Assist the Covenant of Mayors team in the organisation of theme-and country-specific capacity building events (workshops, webinars…);
- Liaise with various stakeholders at all levels to support the implementation of the Covenant of Mayors: European Commission - various DGs and agencies, Global Covenant Secretariat and regional Covenant offices, (thematic) networks, national/regional/local experts etc.;
- Represent the Covenant of Mayors in conferences and technical meetings;
- Support the Covenant of Mayors team in other management tasks related to the Covenant daily operation (e.g. participation and contribution to steering committee meetings, reporting progress etc.).
- Assist the Climate Alliance team in any other daily activities of the associa-tion (communication, policy work, project proposal development, project management).
- At least 5 years of postgraduate professional experience;
- A Master Degree in relevant field (e.g. energy, climate change, urban planning, engineering);
- Technical knowledge of energy planning, greenhouse gas measurement and climate risk assessment;
- Experience in database management, analysis and reporting;
- Good knowledge of the Covenant of Mayors initiative;
- Excellent communication skills with ability to explain technical concepts to lay audiences;
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to multitask;
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Experience working with/for local authorities;
- Experience working in an international environment, particularly working across different cultures and languages, and able to work with a high level of initiative and autonomy when required;
- Good knowledge of EU policy in the field of climate and energy;
- Proficiency/very good command in other EU languages.