Work Experience Placement Economy
EUROCITIES, the network of major European cities, is looking for a work experience placement under the supervision of the policy advisor for economic development for a period of 6 months starting in September 2017.
- In the following areas: economic development (innovation, entrepreneurship and SMEs), metropolitan cooperation, EU regional policy, public services and public procurement;
- monitor policy initiatives and developments at EU level;
- analyse policy documents and draft briefing notes;
- draft articles for EUROCITIES newsletter, update EUROCITIES web pages and other communications-related tasks;
- contribute to organisation of forum and working group meetings;
- update members database.
- university degree, preferably linked to urban issues;
- basic knowledge about local economic development, metropolitan cooperation, public services, public procurement, and EU cohesion policy;
- excellent English, other EU languages an asset;
- good command of MS Office;
- team player, well organised, proactive.