EuroMed Rights - Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Network
The internship will be an opportunity for the intern to develop his/her knowledge on human rights issues and the protection of human rights defenders in the Euro-Mediterranean region including from the perspective of EU’s external policies and international human rights instruments.
Important: Applicants must be registered as students (by way of extension of their student status for the academic year 2016/2017 and/or by securing their registration as students for the academic year 2017/2018) and must be able to provide a university contract.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Under the supervision of each competent Programme Officer, the tasks of the intern will mainly consist in assisting, EuroMed Rights programme teams with:
- Assisting in planning and organising two regional meetings (logistics, support to participants in meeting, taking minutes) to be held in October and November 2017. The intern may betravelling with the Programme Officers outside of the European Union to attend these meetings and provide support;
- Assisting Programme Officers in ensuring the follow-up of the meetings (reporting, administrative follow-up);
- Ensuring regular monitoring and sending newsletters to EuroMed Rights membership in relation to policy developments pertaining to Freedom of Association and Assembly and human rights issues in the MENA countries;
- Updating programs contacts and beneficiaries lists and other follow up tools as needed.
- Proven logistical and planning skills;
- Proven ability to work in alignment with budgetary and procedural constraints;
- Proficiency required in written and spoken English and French (mastering Arabic will be considered a plus);
- Computer literacy and good knowledge of Microsoft Office programs – especially Excel for the planning and financial reporting;
- Proven ability to be autonomous, set priorities, meet tight deadlines, manage multiple assignments and time effectively;
- Interest in human rights issues, civil society of the Middle East and North Africa.