Institutional Development Internship
The intern will support the Institutional Development Unit in the implementation of the annual work plan. S/he will contribute to the preparation, organisation and follow up to planned activities and events.
The intern will be part of the Institutional Development Unit and will report directly to the Unit Director.
The intern will assist the Institutional Development unit in:
- Updating the mapping of Caritas Europa Members’ activities including supporting Members in registering with International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI) and exporting mapping info to IATI;
- Proofreading of articles and publication of updates for the Faith and Action Platform;
- Ensuring the smooth running of the Caritas Europa internal grant system (Solidarity Mechanism);
- Project Management of institutional grants;
- Drafting of documents and in communications with CE Member Organisations;
- Gathering testimonies/good case studies from Member Organisations;
- Organising Caritas’ events (such as the 2017 Organisational Development forum and the Learning Path) in terms of administration, stage directions, logistics, and reporting;
- Drafting and dissemination of conference reports.
S/he will participate in unit and team meetings and inform the team members on progress in fields of work.
The intern will also support other units when requested by his/her line manager.
- Master student in Political Science, EU or international studies, European Law, Social Policies, Economy, Development, Management, or related field;
- Fluent in spoken and written English, preferably with good command in some other European language(s). The working language is English;
- Developed organisational skills with an hands-on attitude;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Reporting skills;
- Self-motivated, helpful and dedicated team player, able to function as part of a small office team;
- Excellent IT and computer skills in all Windows applications;
- Experience working within or with the Caritas network or other civil society organisations is an asset.