Communications and Membership Officer
EMSP - European Multiple Sclerosis Platform
EMSP is looking for a Communications and Membership Officer to drive consistent, effective and innovative communication towards members, partners and external stakeholders; and to stimulate and coordinate EMSP's membership involvement and facilitate capacity-building activities for its members.
The Communications and Membership Officer will be leading EMSP’s communications and marketing activities
- In liaison with the Managing Director, to plan and implement EMSP’s Communications and Marketing Strategy;
- To coordinate and deliver EMSP communications material including newsletters, epublications, annual reports, press releases;
- To plan, coordinate and deliver all communication work from ongoing projects, supported by the rest of the team, and in close alignment with other communication experts and project partners;
- To manage and contribute to the improvement of EMSP website and project related website, in liaison with the IT coordinator;
- To pro-actively identify new opportunities, on how/where/when to communicate to key stakeholders about EMSP projects and to provide expertise to other team members as needed;
- To provide communications support for EMSP events, meetings, seminars and exhibitions, including writing conference reports;
- To ensure strong and strategic presence of EMSP on social media (including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn) but potentially also other channels.
Coordinating EMSP membership will consist in
- In liaison with the Managing Director, planning and implementing EMSP Membership strategy;
- Coordinating the network of communications officials of EMSP’s member organisation;
- Supporting broad membership outreach & review and organise capacity-building seminars and workshops for member organisations.
PROFILE OF THE CANDIDATE
- University degree in Communication and/or Marketing or Journalism or any related field;
- At least three-year communication/marketing experience planning and carrying out a comprehensive range of communications activities including press and PR, website content development, social media campaigns publications and internal and external communications coordination, ideally with some experience gained in EU-projects and/or the not-for-profit sector;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; any other European languages are a plus;
- Experience in projects facilitation and ability to solicit opinions and feedback from groups with diverse perspectives to reach common solutions;
- Demonstrable IT and self-servicing capability including confident use of Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and social media platforms;
- Strong organisational skills and excellent interpersonal skills;
- Availability to travel across Europe.
- Knowledge and experience of how a membership-based NGO operates;
- Demonstrable experience of working under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Team player, creative with a structured approach. Willingness to go the extra mile and embrace new ideas.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
In addition to a great working environment within a nice team…
Salary: Between 2,500 to 2,700 EUR monthly gross salary depending on experience
Term of appointment: one year contract renewable (starting in September 2017)
Hours of work: 37,5 hours per week
Other benefits: Package including lunch vouchers, transportation costs and pension insurance
UP FOR THE CHALLENGE?
To apply follow the link here by the 30th July 2017 at the latest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.