Corporate Commercial and Insurance Lawyer
Steptoe & Johnson LLP
Our busy Brussels office seeks a lawyer (associate position) who has been educated at a Belgian law faculty and whose native language is Dutch to support the office’s financial services and re/insurance. We are looking for a candidate to assist with Belgian commercial and corporate law questions, including from an EU law perspective.
Qualifications and experience - the following will be highly regarded:
- A Bachelor or Master degree in Law;
- 2 to 4 years experience, but strong candidates with less experience may be considered;
- Strong legal and analytical skills and the ability to deliver accurate and high quality advice service;
- Ability to work in a team and autonomously;
- Ability to set priorities and be flexible;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while adhering to strict deadlines is essential;
- Fluency in Dutch, English and French is essential.
Sample areas of Practice:
- Financial Services & Re/insurance;
- Corporate & Commercial;
- EU Law & Regulatory Compliance.
- a current CV (including names of 2 referees who can be contacted);
- copies of certificates for each educational or vocational qualification (including grades achieved);
- and two recent English writing samples of your own work.
Please direct your inquiries to: Kathleen Van Nuffel, Director of Office Administration, email@example.com.
Oral interviews will be conducted.