Europe Programme Intern
CICC - Coalition for the International Criminal Court
The intern will assist with the Coalition’s Regional Coordinator for Europe with a specific focus on the European Union, South Caucasus, Eastern Europe, Central Asia, etc.
Responsibilities may include
- Support efforts to promote the universal acceptance of, support to and awareness on the Rome Statute of the ICC;
- Carry out research related to International Criminal Law and Human Rights, and monitoring political developments and human rights issues in Europe;
- Monitor and attend events & meetings in Brussels;
- Monitor events at the European Union and at the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva;
- Supporting the Regional Coordinator in missions and outreach;
- Undertake special projects and assignments as needed, including administrative tasks.
- Advanced undergraduate or graduate student in Law, International Relations, Human Rights, Conflict resolution, Political Science, or related fields;
- Knowledge of the International Criminal Court, the European Union, the United Nations system;
- Knowledge of politics and human rights issues in the region;
- Strong writing skills and excellent English are essential;
- Native or advanced language ability in another European language is desirable;
- Ability to work independently and within the constraints of tight deadlines;
- Previous experience in a non-profit environment preferred;
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, internet applications) are required.