Junior Manager Responsible Care
CEFIC - European Chemical Industry Council
Cefic, the European Chemical Industry Council, is both the forum and the voice of the European chemical industry. It aims at maintaining and developing a prosperous chemical industry in Europe by promoting the best possible economic, social and environmental conditions to bring benefits to society.
Cefic is located in Brussels, and employs more than 150 people.
Cefic actively supports its member federations and companies in implementing and improving the quality of Responsible Care (RC) and ensures a continuous exchange of best practices across its membership. Cefic is a key partner of the ICCA in enhancing RC at a global level.
The Sustainability team of Cefic is looking for a (M/F) Junior Manager Responsible Care (Temporary position 1 year, with possibility of contract extension).
Mission of the role:
Support the wider implementation of Responsible Care as an essential building block for improving Sustainable Development in the industry, through mostly national and regional federations on a global scale.
Are you inspired by these responsibilities?
- Contribute to the workgroup action plan for updating the RC Management Framework;
- Contribute to the work of the pilot group on Key Performance Indicators;
- Extend stakeholder dialogues through RC workshops and partnerships with downstream sectors;
- Support capacity building in SMEs, especially in Easter Europe (Belarus, Romania, Serbia, Albania, Croatia);
- “Target” companies with international operations to sign the Responsible Care Global Charter;
- Represent EU interests at wider international meetings.
Can you make the difference?
Our ideal candidate has the following competencies:
- Master degree, preferably in chemistry or related field;
- Basic understanding of the chemical industry (structure of a chemical plant, structure of chemical supply chain) and basic knowledge of industry’s key flagship program Responsible Care;
- Fluent written and spoken English and good knowledge of at least one other European language;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with emphasis on client friendly professional behaviour and ability to defend an opinion;
- Awareness/experience with cultural differences in a professional context;
- Good analytical skills, summarizing and grasping the essence.
Are you interested?
Please send your application with full curriculum vitae before July 31, 2017 to CEFIC, Servet Gören, Director International Affairs, Avenue E. Van Nieuwenhuyse 4, B-1160 Brussels.