Due to its fast growth, the VVA Brussels office is hiring two professionals for its Space & Telecommunication Business Unit, the position is full time and based in Brussels.
JUNIOR CONSULTANT/CONSULTANT to work on market and economic studies and public policy projects with the European Commission and other institutions focusing on Space and Telecommunication topics (e.g. satellite navigation, earth observation, spectrum allocation).
Required profile (all of these are ESSENTIAL requirements):
- Knowledge/interest in market and economic studies as well as EU public policy;
- At least 1-year experience with EU projects in a consultancy environment for the consultant and 6 months’ experience for the junior consultant;
- Experience in working autonomously on research tasks/work packages within large projects;
- Quantitative analysis skills, enabling the candidate to perform market and cost-benefit assessments;
- Strong self-motivation & flexibility required in a small & fast growing consultancy business;
- MSc in economics, ideally with a focus on innovation and new technologies; Fluent (written & spoken) English (French is a plus); and Proficiency in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
If you are interested in this position, please attach your CV and a maximum 1-page cover letter outlining why you are suited for the job referencing, "recruitment VVA Brussels". Please state whether applying for the junior consultant or consultant position. Please follow the instructions here.
Only pre-selected participants will be contacted and invited for interviews. Interviews will be held in Brussels in July.
Who we are:
VVA Brussels is a young and fast-growing consultancy providing top quality economic, market and regulatory advice to the European institutions with a specific focus on Space & Telecommunications, Food and Innovation.
We are a truly European company, based in Brussels and Milan with a team of professionals from different academic and national backgrounds.
What motivates us is our mission to progress the “European project” by helping our clients:
- Anticipate change and innovate;
- Design public policy responses;
- Understand how Space, Telecommunications and Innovation can improve the lives of Europeans, support our businesses and transform our economy and society; and communicate decisions and actions to key stakeholders.
We have a high-profile, expanding project portfolio including economic and market studies and regulatory impact and cost assessments. We currently run projects for DG GROWTH, European GSA and other relevant clients among industry associations and Member States. We also participate in Horizon 2020 projects and we have framework contracts with DG GROWTH, ESA and European GSA.