EU Partnership Assistant
Plan International EU Office
Overall purpose of the traineeship:
To support the funding and programmatic advocacy work of Plan International EU Office, both in relation to DEVCO and ECHO, by sharing information and supporting coordination among Plan International Offices on EU funding related issues and raising Plan International’s profile and visibility towards the EU institutions.
General Description of Tasks and responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the EU Partnership Manager, in close collaboration with the EU Funding Officer:
Identify relevant EU Funding opportunities (DEVCO and ECHO), review and share information and results with Plan International entities:
- Monitor on a daily basis DEVCO and ECHO funding opportunities at global and country level;
- Analyse EC’s Annual Action Plans for thematic and geographic programmes;
- Disseminate information about upcoming funding opportunities to relevant Plan International National and Country Offices;
- Assist in the follow-up of information requested to/from Plan International's Country and National Offices regarding EC funding issues;
- Support the EU Funding Officer in the consolidation and regular updating of the grants database;
- Review and analyse Plan International’s results with EC funding;
- Write articles for the monthly Plan International EU Office grants updates;
- Maintain Plan International’s Intranet and server updated;
- Maintain an up-to-date contact database of relevant focal points and staff within Plan International and EU institutions.
Support the development of internal processes and tools at grants acquisition and implementation stages:
- Support the elaboration of tools for internal coordination, information sharing and quality assurance of project proposals submitted to the EC;
- Support the revision of project proposals submitted by Plan International offices to the EC;
- Support the drafting of briefing notes on EC compliance for Plan International’s Country Offices.
Support the EU Funding Officer in the preparation of internal meetings and trainings around EC grants:
- Support the organisation of strategic meetings (e.g. the Annual EC Grants meeting) with representatives from Plan International’s National, Country, Regional offices and HQ;
- Support the organisation of trainings/start-up workshops and ensure the coordination with Plan International’s Country or Regional Offices as required;
- Support the preparation of online courses and webinars;
- Support the development of training packages.
Support the EU Funding team with outreach and networking:
- Represent Plan International at meetings with the European Institutions as well as within civil society networks;
- Support Plan International staff when visiting the Brussels office for EC grants and advocacy reasons.
Support the Plan International EU Office with other tasks as needed:
- Support the office with administration (e.g. logistics of meetings, minutes).
Skill Requirements for the Traineeship:
- A Master’s degree in human rights, political science, international development, law, international relations or any other specific field relevant to Plan’s work;
- A good understanding of the functioning of the European Union, development policy and humanitarian work, particularly relating to child rights and gender equality;
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills;
- Team spirit and willingness to work in a multicultural team;
- Able to communicate effectively and to collaborate with colleagues in all the regions where Plan works;
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to work to a high standard, manage stress while prioritising multiple tasks and meeting deadlines;
- Fully computer-literate: skilled and confident user of office applications, especially MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook;
- Have a valid work permit for Belgium.
- Working level of spoken and written French and/or Spanish;
- Previous experience in a related field (EU institutions, NGOs, etc);
- Strong affinity for working with figures and statistics.