Senior Associate – Technology, Media and Telecoms
GC - Global Counsel
Global Counsel is seeking a senior associate to support its growing EU public policy practice, working across a range of clients with a specific focus on the Digital Single Market (DSM). The successful candidate will have several years’ experience of working in a rigorous business-related policy or think tank environment, with an EU focus.
Role and responsibilities
- Lead research, analysis and advice for clients on EU and digital public policy;
- Monitor relevant policy, regulatory and political developments, and judge when and how to brief clients;
- Produce written content, including policy papers, blogs, progress reports and marketing material;
- Identify, prioritise and summarise key stakeholders across the EU public policy landscape, and plan engagement with them;
- Support business development by researching potential target clients;
- Design and support delivery of policy-related events, for Global Counsel and for clients.
- Experience - at least three years in an EU institution, government, business, think-tank, trade union or trade association;
- Languages - English and another major European language;
- Location - based in Brussels, with regular travel to London. We are willing to consider London-based candidates who would relocate to Brussels in the medium term;
- Hours - full-time;
- Policy background - experience in digital, media or telecoms policy.
- Competitive - dependent on experience.
- The role is available immediately.
How to apply
- Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Senior Associate – Technology, Media and Telecoms”;
- Successful candidates will be invited to interview at Global Counsel’s London office;
- Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we are not able to notify candidates who are not invited to interview.
About Global Counsel
- Global Counsel helps companies and investors across a wide range of sectors to anticipate the ways in which politics, regulation and public policymaking create both risk and opportunity – and to develop and implement strategies to meet these challenges. Global Counsel can provide retained support in specific markets or policy areas or build teams to embed alongside strategic decision makers for projects or transactions;
- Our work is backed up by high quality analytical content and collateral that is politically and economically informed and which builds quickly into executable strategy. Our team is led by former public policymakers and political advisors with experience at the highest level of government and policy making;
- Our team is based in Brussels, London and Singapore, supported by a network of partners in other key markets;
- Read more about Global Counsel’s work here.