EIB - European Investment Bank
The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Personnel, Corporate Services Directorate - Quality, Management Support and Systems Department (QMS) - Management Support Unit, at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a Communication Officer (Personnel).
This is a full-time position at grade 4/5
The term of this contract will be 4 years
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
To contribute to the delivery of Personnel's key internal communication projects, tools and tasks, to ensure colleagues are adequately informed and engaged. Liaise with colleagues from across the organisation to ensure a smooth implementation of Personnel's internal communication tools and capture feedback to continuously improve services delivered
S/he works under the supervision of the Personnel communication Team leader and reports directly to the Head of Unit.
Internal contacts: close collaboration with all Divisions and Units of the Personnel Directorate regular contacts with the Internal Communication Unit and the IT Department and with the other Directorates across the Bank.
External contacts: external consultants.
- Contribute to the implementation of Personnel's communication strategy for the Personnel, Corporate Services Directorate;
- Develop and implement communication policies, procedures, tools and activities about Personnel's initiatives and activities, to maintain a good level of awareness about HR activities/projects both within the Personnel, Corporate Services Directorate and the Bank as a whole;
- Plan, coordinate and carry out communication projects for Personnel, including defining related budgets as appropriate;
- Write Personnel intranet news stories and communicate with staff through the online forum;
- Provide content, design and support the implementation of Personnel's communication tools (newsletters, Team briefings, PowerPoint presentations);
- Draft material (speaking points, Town hall presentations, etc.) as needed;
- Review written HR related communication material for distribution within the Personnel, Corporate Services Directorate and the rest of the Bank (e.g. articles for Intranet, guides/brochures/handbooks, etc.);
- Prepare and execute annual staff survey and communicate results accordingly to the Personnel, Corporate Services Directorate and to the rest of the Bank;
- Provide advice to colleagues across the Personnel, Corporate Services Directorate in the field of communication i.e. about best practices, policies and tools.
- University degree majoring ideally in (Internal) Communication, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism;
- At least 3 years of professional experience as a communication professional ideally in a multicultural environment;
- Good understanding of the different concepts of internal communication, change communication and staff engagement;
- Extensive experience in writing and implementing communication plans, including the management and implementation of projects;
- Extensive experience in production, editing, design and publishing of online and offline content;
- Experience in designing and implementing internal communication campaigns;
- Experience in writing keynote speeches, online newsletters and intranet articles in English;
- Experience in measuring the effectiveness of communication activities and follow-up to support continuous improvement;
- Knowledge and understanding of the operational framework of the Bank, its activities, its organisation and its strategic objectives;
- Experience within a human resources environment would be considered an asset;
- Proficiency in the standard MS Office tools, particularly creating and designing compelling PowerPoint presentations; including knowledge of other software (e.g. Photoshop);
- Excellent knowledge of English (principal working language for this post) is a must including strong English written skills, and some knowledge of French (*).
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals;
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes;
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns;
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation's needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation's mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
Deadline for applications: 2nd of July 2017. Interviews will be held on 24th-25th July.
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates; irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability
Apply online via this link.