Project Executive - Internship
DS - DEVELOPMENT Solutions
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team to to support the design and implementation of multiple EU funded projects focused on trade facilitation and analysis. In person and online outreach, research and technical report writing will be the key responsibilities of this role. Strong research, analytical, strategic planning and technical writing skills are sought to support the growing portfolio of the company. Excellent communication skills will be highly valued given the need for daily cooperation and dialogue with international organisations and project partners.
Internships are paid and are one-year full time. This is not a short term or summer internship scheme; a full time position may be available upon successful completion.
Applicants for the Brussels office should have the right to live and work in Belgium, DS is not able to sponsor work permits.
Prospective candidates will preferably have a university degree in public policy, international relations, economic development, or business administration. They should have a strong passion for work in the public sector, addressing issues in international trade and private sector business facilitation. In addition, they should have excellent written and spoken English; additional languages are an asset.
We greatly value the following qualities in a prospective candidate:
- Reliability, initiative, thoroughness and attention to detail
- Highly motivated, hard-working and ambitious
- Team player with strong coordination and organisational skills
- Strong client servicing skills
- Strong understanding and experience of social media outreach methodology
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with project proposal and tendering procedures including the preparation of bids is an advantage, especially for procurement by the European Commission
- Understanding and experience of social media outreach methodology would also be advantageous.
In addition, through the internship, the candidate will have honed skills in the following areas:
- Experience in project proposal development and writing, including in response to public tenders
- Creative, precise, and highly organised writing skills
- Clear insight into EU public policy approaches to issues at the forefront of international trade and economic development
- High quality research and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines