Programme and Research Manager
EBS - European Business Summit
Job category: Programme and Research Manager
Contract: Permanent, full time
Job location: Ixelles (Flagey), Brussels
Starting date: 1 September or as negotiated
About the European Business Summit
The European Business Summit (EBS) is a company organising the annual high-level conference – the European Business Summit. As the largest and most influential debating and networking platform in Brussels, EBS brings together business, policy, associations, governments, NGOs and academia to discuss key challenges in Europe and in the world. Through a variety of debating and networking activities, EBS offers its partners the opportunity to engage in a dialogue where they can present solutions needed in today’s sociopolitical context. In addition to the annual EBS conference, European Business Summit is becoming recognised for its topic sector specific events such as Energy, Digital and Back from Davos.
About the position: main responsibilities
- Managing the EBS programme department, under the supervision of the EBS Director General in both the planning and executing process;
- Developing EBS content strategy, including identifying EBS speakers, conference topics and sessions;
- Managing the planning and execution process including creating and updating relevant documents and timelines as well as managing all the logistics in regards to the speakers;
- Managing and coordinating requests for information from internal and external partners;
- Disseminating relevant information, including updates to partners in a timely manner;
- Proactively looking for new content and research opportunities;
- Managing the development of the EBS Research Hub – an innovative platform to facilitate the interaction between the research community, the business sector and EU policy makers;
- Developing strong relationships and dialogue between EBS and think tanks, NGOs and academia;
- Report progress concerning the speakers, topics and sessions to EBS Steering Committee and the Board of Directors;
- Supervise and mentor junior members of the EBS Programme team;
- Other duties as requested.
What we are looking for
- Minimum 5 years of previous job experience, preferably in EU institutions, EU affairs sectors, think tanks or academia;
- Educational background in European affairs, political science, law or similar;
- Professional level written and spoken English, very good knowledge of French would highly appreciated;
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with individuals at all levels;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and databases;
- Ability to prioritise and manage tasks simultaneously, often under tight deadlines;
- Exemplary sense of details while not losing focus of the overall scope;
- Positive attitude and outlook with the ability to combine creative and administrative work efficiently.
- Please follow the instructions and attach your CV and short cover letter mentioning "Programme and Research Manager" by 15 July. Please click here.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.