Policy Advisor for Network Codes
EURELECTRIC - Union of the Electricity Industry
“Union of the Electricity Industry - EURELECTRIC" is the sector association which represents the electricity industry at pan-European level. EURELECTRIC seeks to contribute to the competitiveness of the electricity industry, to provide effective representation for the industry in public affairs, and to promote the role of electricity in the advancement of society.
EURELECTRIC is seeking a Policy Advisor for Network Codes (ref. MADV-1706) to be based at its Brussels’ office.
The Policy Advisor will:
- Be part of the Markets & Customers team, reporting to the Markets & Customers manager;
- Pilot EURELECTRIC work streams on electricity markets Network Codes in the context of the technical implementation phase;
- Coordinate and deliver EURELECTRIC positions and contributions in the field of Network Codes and implementation guidelines;
- Coordinate industry experts within EURELECTRIC working groups and task forces dedicated to Network Codes;
- Contribute to EURELECTRIC’s positions and recommendations related to electricity market integration;
- Prepare input and represent EURELECTRIC in the established European Stakeholder Committees;
- Contribute to the EURELECTRIC Markets Committee;
- Prepare briefings for the management and the Secretary General on wholesale markets issues;
- Ensure external representation towards the EU Institutions and other industry organisations on Network Codes and market integration issues, engage in lobbying actions and campaigns.
Job requirements and competencies:
- An appropriate university degree (energy economics or engineering);
- A minimum of 3 years’ hands on experience on Electricity Network Codes;
- Knowledge of the functioning of energy regulation, electricity markets and congestion management methods;
- Ability to deal with very high level of technicity on electricity markets and network codes;
- Interest and experience in EU initiatives, legislation and regulatory processes;
- Good organisational and communication skills;
- Fluency in English and another official EU language;
- Ability to learn fast and adapt to a variety of tasks;
- Interest in working in a fast moving international environment.
Please quote “MADV-1706” when submitting your application (CV and motivation letter) by 30 June 2017 to: