Quality Management Officer
EUMETSAT - European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites
Can you further enhance and quality-assure the organisational performance of EUMETSAT?
We are committed to be the leading user-driven operational agency in Europe for Earth observation satellite programmes – and you could be a part of this. We are looking for a new staff member who has the passion and experience to help drive our quality assurance, taking on more responsibility as you develop an understanding of our organisational needs.
You will support the Head of the Quality Management Unit and will be committed to defining and maintaining high level internal quality audit programmes. Your focus will be on enhancing the effectiveness and efficiency of our organisation and the services we provide. You will work with our managers, engineers and scientists to reduce risks and to develop documentation which demonstrates our commitment to delivering quality outcomes.
We challenge you to deliver our high level quality audit programmes in a timely manner, ensuring that our systems and processes match our organisational needs.
Do you have a degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline? Do you have a professional qualification in Quality Assurance? You will also need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- proven track record in Quality Management and/or Internal Quality Audit, ideally in a high technology company and complex international environment;
- knowledge of ISO 9000 series of standards;
- knowledge of process modelling theories and techniques;
- hands-on experience of performing internal quality audits using a risk-based audit approach and focusing on efficiency and effectiveness of processes;
- track record in managing projects, including planning, monitoring milestones and proactively ensuring timely completion;
- ability to arrive at decisions objectively, taking into account all appropriate information;
- strong influencing skills and the ability to communicate confidently at all levels.
EUMETSAT provides an outstanding working environment in Darmstadt, ‘the City of Science’. We can support new staff with re-location and child-care advice, if you are new to the area.
All applicants must be EUMETSAT member state nationals with a good working knowledge of the English language, both spoken and written. You also require some knowledge of French.
EUMETSAT is committed to providing an equal opportunities work environment for men and women.
Closing date is 2nd July 2017 with interviews provisionally booked for w/c August 21st 2017.
For more information and full job specifications please visit https://onlineapplication.eumetsat.int job ref is VN 17/23.