Research Manager/Economist (m/f)
Deloitte EMEA Research Center
Making an impact that matters. Our ambition is to do things that count every day. Our wide range of business activities – from Audit, Risk Advisory to Tax & Legal to Financial Advisory and Consulting – is a unique support for our customers. We set new standards, provide innovative approaches and facilitate sustainable growth. We support our highly qualified and talented employees, so that they achieve more with us.
The EMEA Research Centre (ERC) is Deloitte’s European research hub. Our work is founded on the basic principle of enhancing how research is scoped, developed and promoted in order for the firm to share its world class knowledge with a variety of clients across the region and globally.
If you want to join a truly international team that is not only at the heart of Deloitte’s regional approach to research, but also works with national research teams across the EMEA region, then this is the position for you. Our team has a broad range of clients: the firm’s clients, Deloitte itself and market eminence leaders.
Responsibilities and deliverables
- Develop and write thought leadership studies, points of view and articles;
- Make sound recommendations from data, transform reports into presentations all while adapting content delivery to the intended audience;
- Deliver a range of research projects (from project coordination to data analysis and writing) including the ERC’s flagship economic publication focused on CFOs, published twice a year and covering 20 European countries;
- Present research to a variety of audiences, from Deloitte practitioners and Partners to clients and policy makers;
- Challenge current content and use of data;
- Propose and develop new topics for thought leadership, take ownership of development and closely collaborate with national research teams;
- Collaborate with the ERC Lead to enhance the current risk review process, developing best practices and delivering timely and constructive reviews;
- Manage and build relationships effectively with internal teams, contractors, research institutes, think tanks and other suppliers.
Skills and experience
- Master’s degree in economics or social sciences;
- 5+ years’ experience in primary research preferably with a consulting firm market research agency, academia, research institute or think tanks;
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills;
- Knowledge and experience of latest research techniques, trends, databases;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in English and German;
- Strong management and mentoring skills, and the ability to direct and motivate project teams effectively;
- Competency to work as part of a virtual team and availability to travel occasionally.
In return, we offer
- A stimulating, creative, open and supportive working environment with international exposure at all levels of the organisation;
- The autonomy to scope and propose your own projects, direction when needed, but also the opportunity to shape your work;
- The ability to learn innovative research techniques and working with incredibly diverse teams;
- Real responsibility to build your own platform and area of expertise within a firm that not only recognises your value, but always challenges your thinking.
Are you interested? We are looking forward to your application.
Your contact person for this role is Nina Fredrich.
The inclusion of people with disabilities is our mutual understanding. We very much appreciate your application.
Our FAQs will help you with questions concerning applications at Deloitte. Additionally, our application tips will give you specific advice on how to apply successfully via our online portal: https://jobs.deloitte.de/talentcommunity/apply/343325701/?locale=de_DE