EFSA - European Food Safety Authority
Are you a young graduate searching for a challenging experience in a leading scientific EU Agency? This traineeship programme is a great opportunity for you to gain professional experience and develop and strengthen your skills and competencies in your field of interest.
As a trainee, you will contribute to EFSA's day-to-day activities, through a rewarding and challenging experience in a multicultural environment.
Your key objectives
Under the supervision of your traineeship adviser within the unit of assignment, you will have the opportunity to:
- Get a first-hand experience in a scientific EU Agency, developing new competencies and skills in line with your personal interests and professional aspirations;
- Contribute to the overall objectives of the unit by supporting in drafting documents and reports, handling scientific and/or administrative work, searching and reviewing literature, and ensuring timely communication of outcomes;
- Contribute to specific projects and activities with new ideas and innovative solutions;
- Contribute to the planning and monitoring of the unit’s activities.
WHAT ARE THE SELECTION REQUIREMENTS
You must satisfy the following requirements on the closing date for submission of your application:
I. Eligibility criteria
- Have obtained a university degree of at least 3 years by the closing date of applications (See Annex I for the minimum national qualifications);
- Have a good knowledge of English (minimum level: B2 according to CEFR);
- Have never been an EFSA trainee or employed by EFSA in any capacity, receiving any sort of remuneration;
- Meet the character requirements needed for the duties involved (e.g. a sworn affidavit to the effect that you have no criminal record).
II. Selection criteria
a) Experience and Knowledge
Knowledge of or experience in an area relating to the activities of EFSA.
- Working with others: ability to work cooperatively with others in teams and across organisational boundaries and respect differences between people;
- Analysis and Problem Solving: ability to identify the critical facts in difficult issues and develop creative and practical solutions;
- Drive for results: ability to take personal responsibility and initiative for delivering high quality work;
- Communication in English: ability to communicate effectively in English;
- Ethics and integrity: demonstrate overall personal integrity and orientation towards fundamental values of the organisation.