Traineeship Evidence and Outreach Unit
The ESPON EGTC is looking for one trainee for a period of 5 months to join our international team, preferably starting as soon as possible but at the latest by September 2017.
The job for trainee
The ESPON EGTC offers a five-month period of training for students in the final stage of their university studies related to territorial development and planning, geography, regional economics, European studies, political science and/or other relevant fields.
The work in the EGTC is organised in two Units each dealing with a key area of implementation of the ESPON 2020 Programme: (1) Unit on Evidence and Outreach and (2) Unit on Administration and Management.
The trainee will mainly be involved in tasks related to the first Unit on Evidence and Outreach.
The work in the Unit on Evidence and Outreach will include a variety of tasks, among others involvement in the development of Terms of Reference for applied research, targeted analyses activities and tools, the preparation of kick-off meetings with service providers and stakeholders. This will also include financial, administrative and dissemination work related to the newly launched calls for tenders in the ESPON 2020 Programme, as well as supporting the evaluation of submitted tenders and proposals.
In addition, the trainees will also be involved in communication activities, and will support the organisation of events, such as seminars, workshops and conferences, and producing a variety of publications and material.
The trainee will have the opportunity to attend European events with ESPON involvement taking place in and outside of Luxembourg.
You are a full time student registered at a university during the entire period of the traineeship and carry a passport from a Member State of the European Union or from Norway, Switzerland, Iceland or Liechtenstein (full partners in the ESPON 2020 Programme).
Applicants should demonstrate:
- Interest and (some) knowledge in relation to European territorial cooperation in the field of EU Cohesion Policy, regional policy and/or spatial development and planning, geography, regional economics, European studies, political science, public administration, communications and/or other fields related to territorial development (for the Unit on Evidence and Outreach);
- Interest and (some) knowledge in relation to European territorial cooperation in the field of EU Structural & Investment Funds (ESIF), financial management, financial control, project monitoring, business administration, accounting and/or other relevant fields (for the Unit on Administration and Management);
- Attention to detail and accuracy, capability to meet pre-defined deadlines, ability to quickly grasp new tasks and implement tasks and duties successfully;
- An excellent understanding and fluency in spoken and written English and good communication skills;
- Strong personal skills, being keen team player, capable both of following instructions and of working on own initiative, consulting colleagues when needed;
- A positive attitude, being open and capable of working in a multicultural team, contributing to a good working environment;
- Good computer knowledge and skills.
For applicants interested in the traineeship related to Unit on Evidence and Outreach: (1) motivation for content-related tasks and project development and management, (2) experience in desk research (i.e. finding relevant information or literature and synthesising it) and (3) good writing/drafting skills, will be key assets. Experience and skills for (4) lay-outing and mapmaking (Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign and ArcGIS) will be considered as an advantage.
Interest in tasks related to communication and outreach on programme activities, communication competences and experience in preparing presentations and organizing events will be considered an advantage.