Communication & Community Manager
Gent University & EBA - European Biogas Association
We are jointly seeking an enthusiastic and motivated communication expert to support our staff in Ghent (main position) and Brussels (flex desk). The position is a joint position, enrolled in both organizations holding office in Ghent and Brussels, Belgium respectively.
The job forms a bridge between a European association on one hand and a leading research institute on the other in their joint ambition of supporting the BioRefine Cluster Europe.
- Faculty Applied Bioscience Engineering, Coupure Links 654, 9000 Ghent (Main office);
- Renewable Energy House (REH), Rue d’Arlon 63-65, 1040 Brussels (Flex desk).
Job description and scope of activities
- You will set up and manage the communication strategy of the BioRefine Cluster Europe (digital presence, social media,…);
- You will actively develop a strategy towards an interactive community, increasing interaction between European research projects involved;
- You will pro-actively interact with and engage technical and communication officers at EBA and staff at Ghent University for execution of this strategy;
- You will support EBA and Ghent University stakeholder events and seek optimal interaction between the European research projects on one hand and the event calendar of the two organizations on the other.
- University graduate in a related field (Communications, Journalism, Marketing…);
- Knowledge of circular economy (resource recovery and renewable resources) is desirable;
- Previous experience in communication (newsletter, press releases, social media website) – 3-5 years proven track;
- Excellent written and spoken English. Other European languages are considered an asset;
- Autonomy, self-organisation, reliability;
- We are looking for a proactive person, characterized by good networking skills;
- A work permit for Belgium is mandatory;
- IT skills: experience with website management, social media, newsletters.