Content Production and Media Officer
EIGE - European Institute for Gender Equality
VACANCY NOTICE REF: EIGE/2017/TA/04/AD6
The European Institute for Gender Equality (EIGE) is organising a call for applications with a view to establishing a reserve list for the post of Content Production and Media Officer.
Reporting to the Head of Knowledge Management and Communications and working in close cooperation with other colleagues in the Institute, the jobholder contributes to ensuring that EIGE’s work gives value to policy-makers and creates interest among new audiences. Targeted communications is an integral part of all EIGE’s projects and the jobholder will have an important role in processing knowledge produced by the Institute, presenting it in innovative and user friendly formats and with fit-for-purpose tools.
The jobholder will be involved in the following tasks:
- Writing engaging content for EIGE’s communication tools, such as targeted publications, the newsletter, press releases and audio-visual products;
- Organising media activities (e.g. briefings, press conferences, interviews) on the Institute’s work;
- Establishing and maintaining contacts with the main media outlets in the EU;
- Developing and maintaining the visual identity of EIGE’s communications products;
- Presenting EIGE’s work to external audiences;
- Contributing to a positive working environment by enhanced internal communications;
- Performing any other tasks assigned by EIGE’s management.
- A minimum of six years of proven work experience following the award of the degree, relevant to tasks as defined under section 2 above;
- Excellent writing skills and a proven track record of journalistic or creative writing;
- Experience of managing media relations;
- Ability to turn complex scientific reports into engaging and easy-to-understand messages;
- A good understanding of gender equality and the related policies;
- Excellent oral presentation skills and ability to adjust messages according to the target audience and communication tool;
- Advanced visual presentation skills and ability to identify visual solutions for presenting research findings;
- Excellent interpersonal, organisation and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to manage priorities, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Previous professional experience in an international organisation;
- Familiarity of the use of modern communication tools.
The place of employment is Vilnius. An AD 6 Temporary Agent contract under Article 2(f) pursuant to the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union shall be offered, subject to a nine month probation period. The contract duration will be three years and may be renewed.
Remuneration of the Temporary Agents consists of the basic salary as well as various allowances depending on personal situation of the jobholder. For information, the current gross basic salary of the first step in the applicable first grade, before deductions and the correction coefficient weighting of 69.7% for Lithuania, is approximately €5,247.33. The step in grade could be higher depending on the length of experience of the chosen candidate. Salaries are subject to tax at source but are exempt from national taxation. Deductions are also made for medical insurance, pension and unemployment insurance.
The deadline for applications is 14 June 2017. Further information is available here: http://eige.europa.eu/about-eige/recruitment/eige-2017-ta-04-ad6.