Senior Level Expert in Macroeconomic Policies
ADE - Analysis For Economic Decisions
ADE is a private consultancy company based near Brussels. We support decision-makers in analysing, formulating, implementing and evaluating public policy choices. ADE has three main areas of specialisation:
- Assistance with macro-economic reforms and with regional development;
- Rural development and environment;
- Evaluation and monitoring.
ADE has also developed specific expertise in support for developing the private sector in developing countries, development finance, humanitarian aid, and conflict prevention and peace-building. Our main clients are international institutions and agencies, bilateral and multilateral development organisations, and national public institutions (www.ade.eu).
We are currently looking for a SENIOR EXPERT for our MACRO-ECONOMIC REFORMS AND PUBLIC FINANCE MANANGEMENT DEPARTMENT.
- It is your aim to become involved in a long-term professional project;
- You will be in charge of conducting and leading assignments for multilateral (EU, WB, AfDB) and bilateral donors in the field of Public Finance Management, Budget Support programmes, and macroeconomic analysis:
- You will do data collection and quantitative and qualitative analysis;
- You will write synthesis reports;
- You will formulate recommendations to clients.
- You will take an active part in the business development of ADE services in the fields under review and you will prepare tenders for various clients (establishing partnerships for new projects, organizing set-up of teams, designing methodologies, preparing work plans and budgets, preparing reports, etc.);
- You will develop close relationship with clients, external experts and partners and actively participate in the network drawing together 20 top European macroeconomists.
- At least a Masters Degree in Economics with a specialization and/or a strong interest in Macroeconomics;
- 10 years’ professional experience in the field of development policies;
- Proven track record in several of the following fields:
- Macroeconomics, Public Finance Management (PFM), Public Sector Reform and Trade analysis;
- Policy dialogue with national authorities in developing countries;
- Design and management of Budget Support aid modalities and reform processes;
- Training and coaching of international and national personnel in the fields under review;
- Evaluation of development programmes including Budget Support programmes;
- Technical assistance projects in the fields of PFM, macroeconomics and statistics.
- Solid research and analytical skills and recognized capacity for drafting reports;
- Ability to lead large multidisciplinary teams;
- Resistance to stress and deadlines, with a high level of energy;
- Good communication skills;
- Strong determination to bring about a fairer and more sustainable world;
- Fluency in English and French;
- Knowledge of main computer software;
- Readiness to travel worldwide.
- A challenging job in an international environment and within a company with state-of-the-art expertise and experience in public policy advice;
- The possibility of developing your skills as a professional expert and of applying them in a range of different sectors, both in Europe and worldwide;
- A rising career path with very good prospects;
- A full-time and permanent position, starting as soon as possible;
- A complete salary package, including extra-legal advantages.
Please send your CV and covering letter by e-mail to Donatienne Désirant, HR Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 6 June 2017. Please indicate in your covering letter through which channel you learned about this opportunity. CVs without a covering letter will not be considered. The recruitment process will take place in three phases: screening of applications, first round of interviews and, if successful, a second round. Only candidates selected to participate in the selection process will receive an answer.