ESM - European Stability Mechanism
We are looking for an ALM officer to help assess and manage structural risks. The selected person will report to the Head of ALM and Lending.
The ALM team monitors, manages, and reports the structural risks (IR, liquidity, FX) generated by EFSF/ESM activities on- and off-balance sheet; it also performs the cash management function (daily forecasts and recommendations to the treasury function). The Lending team’s responsibility is to structure, negotiate, implement, and monitor the financial assistance facilities for the beneficiary Member States.
The European Stability Mechanism (“ESM”) is the crisis resolution mechanism for euro area countries. It provides financial assistance to Members facing financing problems, and issues debt instruments to fund this financial support.
The ESM is a unique place to work with around 170 individuals committed to making a difference to the future of the euro area. It recruits talented professionals of all nationalities from both the private and public sector.
- Develop quantitative models and adapt existing ones in order to efficiently and reliably forecast and measure the liquidity positions of EFSF/ESM or other financial risks, in particular interest rate risk;
- Participate in the implementation of strategies and instruments to mitigate risks arising from the EFSF/ESM’s liquidity profile;
- Contribute to the production and monitoring of the ALM & Lending reports;
- Participate in projects within the ALM & Lending team or across departments as needed.
KEY BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- University degree in finance;
- 5+ years of experience in ALM, treasury, and/or risk management in a financial services environment;
- Experience in the use of derivatives instruments for risk management is an asset;
- Proven ability to develop quantitative models in Excel; the ability to program swiftly in VBA is a requirement;
- A professional qualification, such as CFA, is an asset;
- Good knowledge of financial calculus and risk concepts;
- Fluency in English, including very good drafting skills.
- Strong analytical skills;
- Good presentation skills;
- Great team player;
- Rigour and attention to detail;
- Ability to deliver quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment.
Contractual conditions: 2-year fixed term contract, with possibility of extension.
The ESM aims to provide equal opportunity to all candidates irrespective of their gender, nationality, age, race, culture, education, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability. To further enhance the diversity of our workforce, we particularly encourage women to apply.