Junior Professional Officer – Partnership
IDF - International Diabetes Federation
The International Diabetes Federation (IDF) is an alliance of over 230 national diabetesassociations with two million members in some 170 countries and territories. For over 50 years, IDF has been at the vanguard of global diabetes advocacy. IDF has a multinational staff of around 20 people at its Brussels Executive Office. IDF’s work relies on the contribution of a large number of expert volunteers and upon the commitment and expertise of our member associations.
The mission of the International Diabetes Federation is to promote diabetes care, prevention and a cure worldwide.
For its Executive office in Brussels, IDF is looking to hire a Junior Professional Officer (JPO) who will support the Senior Partnership Manager in developing and implementing existing and new strategic partnerships, in collaboration with other key IDF departments.
Assignment: One year contract
Start date: ASAP
The JPO will undertake the following tasks and activities:
- Carry out research and analyze partnership opportunities with corporate companies, foundations and other prospective organizations;
- Contribute to the preparation and drafting of partnership proposals, grant applications, agreements and progress reports;
- Assist with the production of key partnership materials;
- Assist in the organization, management, monitoring of partnership activities;
- Support in the preparation and logistics of specific meetings and events at key international congresses;
- Provide further assistance to other IDF departments as necessary.
- Master’s degree in Business, Marketing, Social Sciences or related discipline;
- A first professional experience in an international environment;
- Experience or interest in fundraising will be an asset.
- Critical thinking and synthesis skills;
- Diplomatic skills;
- Highly organized and detail-oriented;
- Excellent oral and written knowledge of English (additional languages are an asset);
- Ability to work in multicultural and international environment;
- Embracing IDF values, ethics, and beliefs.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should send a curriculum vitae (no Europass CV please) and a cover letter to describe interest and relevance to the position to Ms Astrid Thielens (email@example.com) by 15 June 2017. Please indicate the reference “Partnership JPO” in your email.