Reports to: Director Communications
Duration: 6-7 months
Start: 15 June - 1 July
As part of MedTech Europe’s communications team, the Communications Manager is responsible for driving elements of MedTech Europe’s communications and (online) media strategy.
- Digital responsibility: Follow integrated approach to initialise, develop, track and improve MedTech Europe's digital efforts (Website, Blog, Twitter and other social media platforms):
- Based on analytics results, suggests ways to improve, optimise reach of our messages;
- Continuously research new channels for dissemination of communications material;
- Ensure consistent use of MedTech Europe branding;
- Drive all-up thematic and editorial calendar;
- Lead web development projects;
- Technical support liaising with web developers and external agencies.
- Internal Communications activities: Strategy and operational lead:
- All-up responsible for streamlining internal communication (newsletters, adhoc communication);
- Curator of the new One MedTech Europe internal newsletter as well as the association’s external newsletter;
- Communications responsible for Sharepoint (curation of news) and CRM.
- Communications support for the Public Affairs department: Align/complement their ‘business’ objectives with strategic communication efforts, enhancing the reach of their messages:
- Developing and executing communication plans for key topics (online, offline, earned/owned and bought media);
- Developing key messages and drafting various materials for key topics/working groups;
- Liaising with media/press to achieve consistent messaging to identified target audiences;
- Initialising and managing communications strategy around events and ensuring maximum impact of messages.
- Responsible for the management of MedTech Europe’s policy blog www.medtechviews.eu:
- Management of editorial calendar and processes (managing contributors, reviewing, creating and curating content);
- Management of dissemination to target audiences;
- Collaboration with member companies and associations to leverage platform for common business objectives;
- Develop effective and impactful promotion to internal and external stakeholders (including social media campaigns and advertising).
- Overseeing and handling of day-to-day communication needs, e.g.;
- Develop, drive and coordinate various MedTech Europe publications;
- Liaising with vendors;
- Strategic presentations to management and members.
- Support the running of the Communications members Committee, a meeting organised 3/4 times a year with corporate and National association members;
- Assist in management of interns.
- Native English speaker level (oral and written);
- Digital savvy (including social media);
- IT savvy, multimedia savvy;
- Proven excellent writing skills for online as well as off-line;
- Detailed knowledge of (media) communications strategy development and execution processes;
- Strategic and analytical thinking;
- Proven ability to formulate and articulate clear messages about complex subjects;
- Ability to plan and manage a demanding workload to tight deadlines and consistently deliver to high standards;
- Reactiveness and proven experience in taking responsibility;
- Meticulous/eye for detail;
- Managing capabilities while remaining a team player;
- Capable to work under pressure.
- Familiarity with the EU healthcare landscape;
- Native speaker level of other EU language than English;
- Presentation skills;
- Knowledge of EU institutions.
Contact: Please send your CV including cover letter to A.Silva@medtecheurope.org.
About MedTech Europe
MedTech Europe is the European trade association representing the medical technology industries, from diagnosis to cure. Our members are multinational companies and national medical technology associations operating in Europe and worldwide.