Price Assessment Manager
RISI is a business intelligence firm supporting the needs of the global forest products industry. Our services have a long reputation for being the most comprehensive and reliable of their kind. Our information covers all aspects of the forest product value chain. It is used by pulp and paper producers, financial companies, consumer products companies and others to make the best strategic and tactical decisions for their businesses.
The Price Assessment Manager will work directly with RISI’s global head of price reporting to improve the reliability of our price assessments and develop new ways of assessing prices. The role includes managing central price assessment functions as well as developing and managing new contributed-transaction-price programs.
Manage central price assessment functions
- Assist in roll out and support of new price assessment database;
- Design and manage price assessment review program;
- Consider better ways to present price information everywhere it’s presented, including in newsletters and in online database.
Develop and Manage contributed-transaction-price programs
- Assist in design of new price indices;
- Interface with data providers;
- Process data;
- Analyze results to ensure accuracy;
- Deliver results to clients and answer client questions;
- Consider ways to improve deliverables and the product overall.
Skill Sets Required:
- 3-5 years business-related work experience;
- Communication skills, especially ability to clarify complex topics in writing;
- Analytical and conceptual thinking;
- Attention to detail;
- Process orientation;
- Ability to interact professionally with clients;
- Strong Excel skills.
Skill Sets Desired:
- Experience with price indices/assessments;
- Database skills;
- Data visualization skills;
- Presentation skills.
- University Degree.
We offer opportunities for travel, a competitive salary, company health and pension coverage, tuition reimbursement and working in a fun team-orientated environment.
RISI is the leading information provider for the global forest products industry. Our clients — 95% of the world’s leading forest products companies, as well as industry suppliers, financial institutions and consumer products companies — use our market data, forecasts and analysis to make better decisions that enable their organizations to grow.
With offices in Boston, Brussels, Atlanta, San Francisco, Beijing, Shanghai, Singapore and São Paulo, we have a truly international focus. We’re small enough that you can see the impact of your work, but big enough to have a wealth of seasoned professionals to learn from – many of whom are recognized as leading authorities in their fields.
We’re a great mix of stability and dynamism. Our oldest product has been published for more than 100 years. On the other hand, one of our keys to success is that we use information technology aggressively to fundamentally improve the value of our information to our customers. We’re in growth mode. We are looking for talented, dedicated people who can help us continue to build on our long-term success while remaining entrepreneurial and responsive to our customers.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate the time you spent in contacting us, and thank you for your interest in RISI. For more information about our company, please visit our web site at www.risi.com.