Head of Unit - Communication M/F AD 11
ECHA - European Chemicals Agency
1. THE JOB
Reporting to the Director of Cooperation and the Executive Director of the Agency, the Head of Communication will be responsible for all internal and external communications, for leading over twenty communication professionals and managing an annual budget of around 5 million €. He/she must be enthusiastic, dynamic, highly skilled and embody excellent communication within the Agency.
The main tasks of the Head of Communication include the following:
- Advise the Executive Director and senior management of the Agency on all aspects of effective communication;
- Review, develop and implement the Agency’s internal and external communication strategies and plans – including media relations, digital, and social media;
- Review, manage, uphold and refresh ECHA’s corporate and visual identities and actively manage ECHA’s reputation;
- Manage crisis communication for the Agency;
- Manage and develop the Agency’s relationships with its closest external stakeholders – over 100 Accredited Stakeholder Organisations;
- Ensure the continuous professional development of all communications professionals in the Agency by coaching and providing bespoke training.
a) Successful completion of a full course of university studies attested by a degree, where the normal duration of university education is four (4) years or more.
b) Successful completion of a full course of university studies attested by a degree, where the normal duration of university education is three (3) years and at least one (1) year of professional experience.
Only qualifications issued by EU Member State authorities or EEA authorities and qualifications recognised as equivalent by the relevant EU or EEA Member State authorities will be accepted.
3. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
To qualify for this profile, you must have at the closing date for applications a total professional experience of at least fifteen (15) years acquired after achieving the minimum requirements stated out in 2.2 a) and b).
Of your total professional experience, you must have at least eight (8) years of professional experience relevant to the tasks listed in section 1, and at least three (3) years’ experience in a management role (e.g. Head of Unit, Head of Sector, Team Leader or equivalent).
4. SELECTION CRITERIA
If you meet the eligibility criteria set out in section 2, you will be assessed on the basis of the following selection criteria. The candidates who are judged to be the most suitable on the basis of the selection criteria will be invited to an interview.
- Your academic and professional qualifications and their relevance to the main areas of work listed in section 1;
- Your professional experience: the range of fields covered; the length, type and level of work done and its relevance to the areas of work listed in section 1.
The following will be considered as assets:
- Experience of working in a multicultural environment;
- Experience of managing public sector communication activities;
- Experience of managing communication activities in a highly scientific or technical environment.
The academic and professional qualifications, professional experience and experience considered as an asset must be described as precisely as possible in your application.
5. HOW TO APPLY
You can submit your application and find more information on ECHA’s website at: http://echa.europa.eu/web/guest/about-us/jobs/open-positions.
The deadline to fill-out the application is 29 May 2017 at noon 12:00, Helsinki time (11:00 a.m. CET).