Information Management Assistant
EUMETSAT - European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites
Are you inspired by the idea of working in a global operational satellite agency based in the heart of Europe? If you are a pro-active and customer focused individual looking to develop your career in a dynamic and international organisation then Europe’s Meteorological Satellite Agency (EUMETSAT) would love to hear from you!
This is an exciting opportunity offering variation and responsibility. Working with EUMETSAT’s engineers and as a part of the Information Management Team; you will help drive information management across the organisation. As Information Management Assistant you should have proven experience using up-to-date information management tools and be able to provide guidance and advice on best practice. As this role will have multiple organisational-wide interfaces, strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential. Responsibilities shall include varied activities such as the digitalisation and archiving of paper records and the management of engineering documentation databases.
Along with a full secondary education you shall ideally have skills/experience in each of the following areas:
- Proven administrative expertise;
- Experience using information management tools to manage technical information and documents – preferably within an engineering/high-tech environment;
- Ability to handle peaks of workload by self-organisation and priority setting;
- Ability to provide advice/guidance to ensure information management working practices are followed;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the proven ability to work as part of a team;
- Pro-active service and customer focus;
- Additional qualifications or education in Information Management would be advantageous.
The official languages of EUMETSAT are English and French. Candidates must be able to work effectively in English and shall ideally have some knowledge of French.
For more information and full job specifications please visit https://onlineapplication.eumetsat.int job ref is VN 17/16.