Head of Unit - Business Processes
EIB - European Investment Bank
The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services (CS) – Information Management and Procurement Department (IMP) Corporate Information & Processes Division (CIP) – Business Processes Unit (BP), at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a Head of Unit – Business Processes.
This is a full time position at grade 6/5
The term of this contract will be 4 years
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
Specific Post Environment and Purpose
The Business Processes Unit provides enhanced functional support to the business in order to identify, analyse, formalise and improve EIB processes, in line with the Bank-wide initiatives of Internal Control Framework (ICF) and Business Process Mapping (BPM).
The Unit Head will manage cross-Directorate projects related to Business Process Mapping and Optimisation intended to improve the efficiency of key transversal processes, elimination of duplication of work and unnecessary costs within the Bank.
S/he works under the supervision of the Head of Division, Corporate Information and Processes and in direct contact with the Head of Units for Project and Change Management and Data Governance.
Internal contacts: works in close cooperation with colleagues from across the EIB Group and the IT and Information Management and Procurement Departments in particular.
External contacts: the post requires collaboration with external consultants as well as relationships with other international organizations and external parties to build cooperation and knowledge sharing (e.g. BPM Exchange Forum in Luxembourg with members from EU institutions and corporates).
The Head of Unit – Business Processes will be responsible for the following:
- Proactively contribute to the analysis and mapping of key EIB-wide transversal processes and to optimisation (LEAN) initiatives within the EIB;
- Proactively suggest additions or amendments to the Department’s strategy in the domain of Business Process Mapping and Optimisation based on own experience or needs identified from contact with business users;
- Coordinate Bank-wide Working Group on BPM best practice;
- Coordinate the works of the BPM Steering Committee (once established), prepare the meetings and ensure accurate and timely implementation of actions thereafter;
- Manage and develop staff members in the Business Processes Unit, in collaboration with the Head of Division, to achieve the strategic objectives and implement the work program of the Directorate. S/he initially supervises 2 staff members and consultants. Further recruitments are foreseen;
- Ensure provision of functional support and guidance to the identification processes and the alignment of process inventories at EIB level;
- Oversee the selection and implementation of a new BPM tool and ensure its adoption Bank-wide;
- Ensure that EIB services making use of external resources for modelling processes respect the BPM standards; this includes assistance to drafting of ToR and participations to selection panels;
- Ensure at EIB level knowledge sharing on BPM methodology and tool best practice through awareness sessions and tailor-made workshops;
- Provide or ensure the availability of specific advice and recommendation on the domains covered by the unit.
- Master’s degree or equivalent degree in audit, business administration, or related field;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in audit and/or Business Process Mapping and Optimisation or related field and proven track record of success;
- LEAN/Six Sigma qualification;
- Management experience or proven ability to manage a multicultural team.
Key technical/professional knowledge and skills
- Thorough understanding of auditing, internal control systems and management practices;
- Experience in using process modelling tools (e.g. System Architect);
- Good knowledge of BPMN standards;
- Knowledge sharing skills, including presentation and conducting workshops, drafting of documentation;
- Project Management Certification, either Prince 2 or PMP/PMI would be an advantage;
- Good knowledge of how the Bank operates and is organised would be an advantage;
- Good knowledge of the Bank’s standard office tools;
- Excellent verbal and written English and/or French(*) language skills and a good command of the other.
EIB core competencies
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals;
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes;
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns;
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
EIB managerial competencies
- Developing Others: Builds the long-term capability of others by guiding and developing them to make the most of their competence and potential, based on an accurate understanding of their true strengths and development needs;
- Strategic Thinking: Thinks about the long term organisation strategy and how to align to and implement it; comes up with useful new strategic insights;
- Team Leadership: Builds a high performing team, ensuring it is focused, motivated and inspired to achieve organisational objectives, encouraging performance excellence and addressing underperformance when required.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages.
For more information, please visit https://erecruitment.eib.org selecting Job ID 104089.
Deadline for applications: 3rd May 2017
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates; irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.