Public Affairs Junior Consultant, Chemicals & Environment
We are looking for a Public Affairs Junior Consultant with an interest to work in the Chemicals & Environment policy field, to join our established 10 people strong Environment & Transport practice. The Consultant will assist in the implementation of public affairs and communications programmes for market-leading global accounts. Furthermore, based on his/her daily monitoring of relevant information sources and reporting on key developments, he/she will assist with intelligence gathering, outreach, synthesis, analysis and overall support for our clients. This position provides an opportunity to gain practice-area expertise in the fields of EU environment and chemicals policy and knowledge of integrated communication strategies for supporting our clients’ objectives.
- We are considering candidates with between 1 and 2 years’ relevant experience in EU Public Affairs;
- University degree in either political science, communications, economics, or law;
- Work experience in a professional services firm and/or a client oriented environment is an advantage.
Skills & Competencies required:
- A strong interest in EU policy environment and institutional processes with previous EU institutional experience an advantage;
- Excellent oral and written communication in English is a must; fluency in one or more other languages is an advantage;
- Commitment to the highest standards of service delivery;
- Ability to manage multiple issues and deadlines Entrepreneurial and creative approach to problem solving;
- Ability to build and maintain trusting relationships;
- Dynamic, supportive, collaborative and willing team player.