Consultant/Senior Consultant in Policy Implementation and Programmes Practice
Brussels, London or Birmingham
ICF is a leading provider of consulting services and technology solutions to governments and commercial clients in the United Kingdom, Europe and globally. Since 1969, we have combined a passion for our work with deep industry expertise to tackle our clients' most important challenges. We cover the entire policy, programme and project lifecycle and address a wide range of policy areas, including employment, justice, home affairs, education and training, gender equality, and social inclusion and protection. With more than 5,000 employees, we serve government and commercial clients from more than 70 offices worldwide. ICF's website is www.icf.com.
We are expanding our services, and to support this growth, we are looking for a Consultant/Senior Consultant to join our Policy Implementation and Programmes practice. The practice provides technical assistance, networking and other implementation services to EU institutions, particular the European Commission, as well as organisations in the UK. We cover a wide range of policy areas, including employment, undeclared work, social inclusion and protection, migration, radicalisation, etc., and are seeking to further expand our thematic coverage and methodological expertise.
Our current portfolio of projects reflects the diversity of our work. Examples include technical coordination and programme support to the European Migration Network, European Centre of Expertise on labour market policy and labour law; Mutual Learning Services for employment and social inclusion, Radicalisation Awareness Network, as well as training services, such as the training programme of the EU Aid Volunteer Initiative.
As a Consultant/Senior Consultant, you will assist with researching, developing and implementing policies and programmes for our clients. Projects you are likely to work on initially include the European Migration Network, Undeclared Work Platform and Mutual Learning Services, with scope to contribute to other projects at the same time. You will also have the possibility to contribute to proposals, such as preparing key background material and writing parts of the bid.
We are interested in individuals who can demonstrate a real interest in European policy in general, and migration, employment and social inclusion policy in particular, combined with strong analytical, writing, administrative and organisational skills.
- Support the daily execution of a number of implementation contracts, including those mentioned above;
- Take forward specific activities within the contract, such as contributing to the organisation of an event, preparing a background paper, supporting a thematic working group, providing secretariat services, etc.;
- Undertake high-quality research and data collection activities;
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis;
- Undertake report-writing and produce other written outputs, such as good practice fiches, newsletter articles, event reports and updates for websites;
- Collaborate closely with other project teams;
- Coordinate with external partners and stakeholders;
- Contribute to proposal-writing.
- A Masters degree in sociology, public policy, programme management/public administration or a related discipline;
- Typically four to seven years’ work experience within the context of programme management, network coordination and some or all of the policy areas mentioned above;
- Strong organisational and logistical skills;
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research skills;
- Intermediate or advanced computer user skills (Microsoft applications);
- Exceptional writing skills, including editing and proofreading skills;
- Excellent oral and written English; fluency in at least one other European language;
- Knowledge of European policy;
- Experience of working for the European Commission or other EU institutions an advantage;
- Highly developed, interpersonal skills and self-motivation;
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work within multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary teams spread across several countries;
- Sound research and business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information;
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities, and manage a varied workload to achieve agreed deadlines without compromising quality or standards;
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as clients and sub-contractors;
- Ability to build knowledge of the business and apply an understanding of ICF’s markets and capabilities to own day-to-day responsibilities;
- Ability to take initiative and work without close supervision;
- Ability to demonstrate a can-do approach, as a problem solver and team player.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and a covering letter in which you explain why you are interested and well placed for the job.