Senior Public Affairs/Communications Professional, Chemicals & Environment
The Brussels office of FleishmanHillard is looking for an energetic, self-starting senior public affairs and communications professional with a deep background in chemicals and environment policy, and public affairs experience to join our team.
This senior advisor will work closely with our 10 strong Environment and Chemicals team to act as a primary advisor for key clients, contribute to the leadership of the team, and drive business development efforts.
Our practice works with clients in a variety of fields including chemicals, environment, transport, consumer goods and ICT sectors. Specifically, we advise these clients on the implications of environmental legislative developments for their organisations, and develop advocacy strategies that help them enhance their positioning. As part of a wider team we collaborate with colleagues across the office on their specific areas of expertise including energy, transport, health, financial services and technology policy, and we work with colleagues in other FleishmanHillard offices across our EMEA and Global network.
Experience & skills required:
Candidates will have deep working experience (at least 10 years) relating to EU level chemicals and environment areas. This experience should ideally be acquired working with the EU institutions, in-house or through a consultancy firm.
The successful candidate will have:
- An excellent understanding of the EU institutions and political dynamics;
- Strong business acumen and appreciation of the commercial impact of policy decisions;
- A strong understanding of/network within the chemicals and environment industrial and regulatory community;
- Excellent capability as an advisor, including first class communication and writing skills;
- An entrepreneurial approach to client servicing and business development;
- Ability to solve problems and exercise excellent judgment with the ability to think 'outside of the box.';
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines without sacrificing quality, maintain good client relationships and deliver outstanding results;
- Understanding of agency financials and experience budgeting projects;
- Professional, proactive and committed to high standards in the quality of the communications product;
- Existing relationships with business, chemicals and environment and political trade media, and well-developed-skills in building and maintaining traditional and digital media relationships;
- Existing relationships with applicable trade associations, think tanks and thought leaders in the chemicals and environment space;
- Experience and understanding of the transport sector also an asset.