Advisor for the Missions of EEB, NCP and Related Projects
As an initiative of the Brussels-Capital Region, impulse.brussels (the Brussels Enterprise Agency BEA) advises and guides at no cost every entrepreneur who wants to set up or develop his/her enterprise in the Brussels Capital Region.
By providing practical legal, financial, business and technological information and advice, impulse.brussels’ specialized advisors assist their clients to create and/or develop entrepreneurship and innovation activities in the Brussels-Capital Region.
For further information about impulse.brussels, please visit our website.
Within impulse.brussels, the International & Innovation Business Unit has the following two key missions:
- «Enterprise Europe Brussels»: to inform, guide and assist clients in technology import/export.
Enterprise Europe Brussels is member of the Enterprise Europe Network set up by the European Commission in 2008, whose main mission is to promote innovation and competitiveness in Europe, especially by helping SMEs to go international. The Enterprise Europe Network is made of about 600 local partners covering more than 60 countries. In the Brussels-Capital Region, Enterprise Europe Brussels (www.brusselsnetwork.be) is a public-private partnership between impulse.brussels and BECI (Brussels Enterprises Commerce and Industry);
- «National Contact Point Brussels»: to inform, guide and assist clients in setting up and executing successful European Research and Innovation projects that will be co-financed by the European Commission through Horizon 2020 program. More info on our services: www.ncpbrussels.be.
To support these 2 missions, impulse.brussels is involved as a partner in several EU-funded projects, such as:
- IDEAL-IST (ICT NCP);
- Seren3 Network (Secure Societies NCP);
- NCP Academy (Training of Legal and Financial NCP).
In order to replace the current EEB & NCP advisor in the Inclusive, innovative and reflective societies, Security, Nanotechnologies and advanced materials, and creative industries themes, we are looking for an "Advisor for both the missions of Enterprise Europe Brussels, National Contact Point and related project".
Within a dynamic and international team, the advisor will inform, guide, assist and train impulse.brussels clients, mainly SMEs and research centers active in the Inclusive, innovative and reflective societies, Security, Nanotechnologies and advanced materials, and creative industries, to boost their competitiveness by setting up European projects (Horizon 2020 program) and/or importing/exporting innovative technologies. The advisor will also take part and represent impulse.brussels in the related NCPs SeREN 3 project. Depending on the profile of the candidate, s/he could be involved as Program Committee representative for Belgium. At the start of the mission, s/he will be induced to the job by the advisor currently holding the position and the team manager.
- Education: Master degree or equivalent by experience;
- Demonstrated experience of 1-5 years in at least one of the two missions (Enterprise Europe Network or National Contact Point);
- Demonstrated relevant experience in supporting SMEs (at least 3-5 year): any additional professional experience in providing services to innovative SMEs will be considered a plus;
- Fluent in English (both spoken and written) and in Dutch or French. Any other language will be considered as an added value;
- Willing to travel for short term trips, mainly in Europe;
- Strong team spirit with ability to work independently;
- Pro-active, commercial approach and result-oriented;
- Rigorous and well organized;
- Usual IT skills: Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Email & internet;
- Desirable knowledge of the organization and Programmes of the European Commission;
- Experience and/or strong interest in/for the Climate action, environmental sciences and technologies, resource efficiency and raw materials, sectors will be considered as a significant PLUS.
- Indefinite term contract;
- Starting date: immediate;
- Flexible working hours and advantageous holidays;
- Shared team challenges in a stimulating environment;
- Nice working place, accessible by public transport.
Please introduce your Curriculum Vitae and Cover letter as soon as possible to: http://www.abebao.be/en/working-impulsebrussels.