Trainee in Consumer Law
BEUC - European Consumer Organisation
BEUC has a membership of 43 well respected, independent national consumer organizations from 31 European countries. BEUC acts as the umbrella group in Brussels for these organisations and our main task is to represent our members and defend the interests of all Europe’s consumers.
The tasks of the position shall include:
- Monitor key developments at EU level on consumer rights and enforcement;
- Help develop position papers and briefing on consumer rights and enforcement issues;
- Conduct research on topics linked to BEUC’s work on the area;
- Attend conferences and meetings on consumer rights and enforcement organised by the EU institutions and other stakeholders.
The successful applicant should:
- Have a strong interest in EU consumer and marketing law and enforcement;
- Hold a university Law degree, preferably with a focus on EU consumer and marketing law or related areas;
- Have the ability to write and communicate very well in English;
- Have a good knowledge of how EU institutions work.
- A multidisciplinary and multicultural working environment within an organization dedicated to the promotion of consumer rights;
- Networking opportunities with numerous organisations and the EU institutions;
- A stipend of about €750 per month;
- 12 days off;
- Work insurance;
- Public transport pass within Brussels during your internship period.
Applications for the post should be sent before March 27 by e-mail to email@example.com with subject line: Trainee in consumer law. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Your application should include the following documents:
- A short motivation letter;
- A curriculum-vitae;
- In a separate file, answers to the following questions:
- Why would you like to work at BEUC?
- Briefly explain the main reasons that motivate you to work at BEUC, using maximum 150 words.
- Why should BEUC appoint you?
- Tell us why you think we should appoint you above other candidates, using maximum 150 words.
- What are the main challenges for consumers with regards consumer and marketing law and enforcement?
- Using maximum 150 words tell us why you think consumer and marketing law and its enforcement are crucial in protecting consumers.
Any incomplete application will be disregarded.