EBB - European Biodiesel Board
The European Biodiesel Board (EBB) is a non-profit organization established in January 1997. EBB promotes the use of biodiesel in the European Union, at the same time, grouping the major EU biodiesel producers. EBB aims at representing its members to the European Institutions, promoting scientific, economic and technologic activities, collecting and analysing information, studying issues related to the biodiesel industry and suggesting solutions.
EBB is currently looking for candidates to cover the following position:
A Technical Expert with a background of mechanical or chemical engineering. Some knowledge of EU politics and law can be an additional asset as well as knowledge of EU Reach implementation.
The role involves representing an EU industrial association at European and International level as technical expert responsible for research, technical, scientific and development activities. Serving as expert within the European standardisation technical committee (CEN TC19) responsible for European standards for diesel fuel and biodiesel.
- Represent EBB interests in Commission technical working groups, CEN standardization committees;
- Update the Secretary General and the Board on technical progress;
- Alert about threats and opportunities;
- Maintain the relationship with automobile industries, fuel distributors and refiners;
- Liaise with European Institutions and key stakeholders of automobile industries, fuel distributors and refiners;
- Follow the technical analysis of relevant European directives and Commission legislative proposals, defending strategic policy positions, lobbying and influencing key decision makers;
- Support to the member companies on technical issues, ensuring compliance and awareness of future changes of European standards and directives;
- Be responsible for technical analysis on new studies, scientific symposia and existing scientific literature on the overall sustainability, energy balance, GHG balance and Life Cycle Analysis and accountings of biodiesel, biofuels, related fuels and of their present and future raw materials including their implications for the EU biodiesel business;
- Monitor of fuel market in Europe and worldwide, updating members of relevant industry technical developments;
- Follow up all aspect related to the REACH registration of biodiesel and related substances and the organisation and logistics of the EBB REACH Consortium.
Experience in the automotive and/or fuels, refining, energy, oil sector is an asset.
Excellent English is required, French and one or more additional EU language(s) are a plus.
To apply for this job please click here or send physical copy (CV with picture and Cover Letter) to:
Raffaello GAROFALO – Secretary General - EBB
Boulevard Saint-Michel, 34 - 1040 Brussels - Belgium
Phone: +32 2 763 24 77
Fax : +32 2 763 04 57
Please insert in the subject of your email the reference: Technical Expert 2017.
Applications should reach EBB as soon as possible and no later than April 20th, 2017.
Preference will be given to CVs that reach EBB in advance of the deadline.