Senior Consultant for Project Development and Management in Integrated Maritime Policy
s.Pro - sustainable projects
The international consultancy s.Pro – sustainable projects based in Berlin is seeking a highly motivated new full-time staff member in the field of the development and management of EU-funded projects.
We are looking for support of our management team that deals with the development and implementation of transnational projects, in particular within the Interreg 2014-2020 programmes (e.g Baltic Sea Region, North Sea Region, Europe) as well as direct assignments with the European Commission and other international bodies. Preferably we would like to employ a candidate who has already gained several years of professional experience in managing EU-funded projects and other assignments (studies). Experience in managing a team (both internally as well as external consultants) and with maritime topics is considered an additional asset.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Relevant university degree (e.g. economics, public administration, business administration, spatial planning, European studies, law or environmental management);
- Excellent German and English are a prerequisite; another EU language would be an asset;
- Prior senior experience with applications for and management of EU-funded projects is required;
- Strong preference is given to candidates who have already worked in the field of maritime affairs/ocean governance/blue growth;
- Strong preference is given to candidates who have gained already experience in managing a team;
- Good writing skills, ability to elaborate reports, studies and presentations;
- Solid computer skills (Internet & e-mail, MS Office – esp. PowerPoint, Excel).
The right candidate should have managerial ambitions, but still be a team-player, possess good communication and presentation skills as well as the ability to work in multi-cultural environment. Ability to propose solutions to transnational issues arising from administrative, legal or cultural differences is also a crucial factor. The position requires travelling throughout Europe.