Senior Consultant for Project Development and Management in Integrated Maritime Policy
s.Pro - sustainable projects
The international consultancy s.Pro – sustainable projects based in Berlin is seeking a highly motivated new full-time staff member in the field of the development and management of EU-funded projects.
We are looking for support of our management team that deals with the development and implementation of transnational projects, in particular within the Interreg 2014-2020 programmes (e.g Baltic Sea Region, North Sea Region, Europe) as well as direct assignments with the European Commission and other international bodies. Preferably we would like to employ a candidate who has already gained several years of professional experience in managing EU-funded projects and other assignments (studies). Experience in managing a team (both internally as well as external consultants) and with maritime topics is considered an additional asset.
s.Pro is a consultancy specialised in transnational cooperation projects funded by the European Union and other funding institutions. It initiates, prepares, manages and follows–up on transnational projects and studies in the sphere of sustainable development. A particular focus of our work lies in the field of maritime policy and blue growth.
For further information on our profile and our projects please visit our website www.sustainable-projects.eu.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Relevant university degree (e.g. economics, public administration, business administration, spatial planning, European studies, law or environmental management);
- Excellent German and English are a prerequisite; another EU language would be an asset;
- Prior senior experience with applications for and management of EU-funded projects is required;
- Strong preference is given to candidates who have already worked in the field of maritime affairs/ocean governance/blue growth;
- Strong preference is given to candidates who have gained already experience in managing a team;
- Good writing skills, ability to elaborate reports, studies and presentations;
- Solid computer skills (Internet & e-mail, MS Office – esp. PowerPoint, Excel); The right candidate should have managerial ambitions, but still be a team-player, possess good communication and presentation skills as well as the ability to work in multi-cultural environment. Ability to propose solutions to transnational issues arising from administrative, legal or cultural differences is also a crucial factor. The position requires travelling throughout Europe.
The assignment does not have a fixed end date.
s.Pro will offer the successful candidate an attractive salary equivalent to her/his experience and competencies and the benefits of being part of the German social insurance system. Please indicate your salary expectation in your job application.
Legal requirements for the employment:
Legal requirements for working in Germany must be fulfilled. In view of regular processing times by the German immigration office and the scheduled start of the assignment, EU nationals and those with a valid work permit for Germany are encouraged to apply. s.Pro is an equal opportunity employer.
Please read the qualifications for this position carefully. We will only consider those who meet the listed requirements.
Candidates are requested to send their CV, a Motivation Letter and relevant documents by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The motivation letter shall be submitted in German language. Other documents may be in English language.
Closing date is Thursday, 27 April 2017.
Only short-listed candidates for further interviews will be contacted by telephone. If you have not heard from us by 19 May 2017, please assume that your application has not been successful.