Junior Consultant Public Affairs, Energy
Position Overview and Responsibilities
The Brussels office of FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for an energetic, self-starting junior public affairs and communications professional with 1 to 2 years of relevant experience to join our established Energy Team. Our eight strong Brussels Energy Team works with clients in the oil and gas, utilities and renewables industries; specifically, we advise these clients on the implications of EU public policy for their organisations, and develop and implement advocacy and communication strategies to help them enhance their positioning. As part of a wider team we collaborate with colleagues across the office on their specific areas of expertise including manufacturing and industrials, financial services and technology, and we work with colleagues in other FleishmanHillard offices across the Europe, Middle East and Africa region as well as with key offices around the world.
The main responsibilities of this position include:
- Supporting other members of the energy practice in servicing our client base in this sector;
- Contributing to the implementation of public affairs and communications programmes;
- Providing regular policy monitoring and political intelligence services to our clients in support of their public affairs and communications programmes;
- Assisting in the implementation of outreach programmes towards the European institutions;
- Assisting in outreach to stakeholders and the media;
- Proactively networking through attending relevant events.
Candidates will have a first working experience relating to communications, ideally with some experience or interest in the energy sector or energy issues. This experience should ideally be acquired working with the EU institutions, EU trade associations, in-house or through a communications consultancy.
The successful candidate will have:
- Background in European Union energy policy;
- Work experience in a professional services firm is an advantage and/or a client oriented environment;
- Ideally the candidate will have experience in translating political and policy initiatives into relevant advice for clients;
- Knowledge of EU institutions and policymaking process with previous EU institutional experience an advantage;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Excellent research skills;
- Excellent communication skills and networking ability;
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and work in a team;
- Fluency in English and one other European Union language;
- Proficient in most common business software applications.