Deputy Director for BØRNEfonden in Benin and Togo
BØRNEfonden is a Danish sponsorship-based development organisation for children and youth with 5 programme countries in West Africa. With more than 40.000 sponsors and an annual fundraising capaicity of above 25 mio. EURO BØRNEfonden is one of Denmark’s largest development organisation supporting children, their families and their communities in Burkina Faso, Togo, Mali, Benin and Cape Verde.
BØRNEfonden’s work is financed by several funding sources. Our main source comes from about 57.000 sponsorships. In addition, private companies and foundations provide funds for local projects and know how and finally institutional donors such as DANIDA, UNICEF and EU support our work. A strategic priority is to increase advocacy for children and communities and to strengthen local fundraising.
A team composed by a Country Director and a Deputy Director will in future ensure the leadership of our programmes in Benin and Togo.
We are currently recruiting for the position as Deputy Director for Benin and Togo. The position is based in our country office in Cotonou in Benin, but with regular travels to Togo. As Deputy director you will in close cooperation with our country Director and with our office in Copenhagen be responsible for the overall operation according to the strategy of the two country offices, including supervision and program implementation, human resources, sponsorship service, fundraising and finance and administration.
BØRNEfonden has more than 200 staff members in the two countries, which includes a head office in each country with Programme Departments, Sponsor Departments and Finance & Administration & HR Departments and around 30 field offices.
Together with the Country Director you will be the official representatives of BØRNEfonden and hence overall responsible for the activities in the two countries. The country programmes will be evaluated through annual reviews with the management team of BØRNEfonden’s office in Copenhagen.
The main task will be:
- To assist in the implementation and further development of the country strategies;
- To contribute actively to the development of BØRNEfonden’s programmes in the countries;
- Together with the Country Director to represent BØRNEfonden towards national local authories and a multitude of stakeholders;
- To coordinate advocacy and fundraising activities;
- To manage administration, including reporting and follow up on internal audit reports;
- To assist in developing the competencies of the local management team and staff;
- To ensure adherence to guidelines and operating procedures within sponsor relations, program, finance, marketing, sales and HR.
The successful candidate:
- Has a relevant academic background (e.g. a master degree in political science, economy, development or business management) and is fluent in borth oral and written French and English;
- Has comprehensive knowledge and working experience from institutional donors such as EU, UNICEF, DANIDA, CISU and the World Bank;
- Enjoys being part of the core leadership and has documented leader of leaders experience, preferably from a development organization;
- Has proven experience in strategic planning and executing a country strategy;
- Has strong negotiation, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills;
- Has fundraising and representational experience;
- Has strong skills in financial management and operations;
- Has an outgoing nature, personal commitment, resoluteness in action and result-orientation, acting in a trustworthy way in all areas of work and possessing integrity, empathy and respect for the values of BØRNEfonden.
BØRNEfonden offers an attractive job in an organization recognized by national and local authorities as well as beneficiaries for our substantial impact in the development of the local communities. Your work and collaboration with highly competent and motivated colleagues will make a tangible difference for the sponsor children, their families and the communities in which they live.
Further information on the job please write to e-mail email@example.com.
Send your application and CV as a combined document of max. 4 pages, including documented results, to firstname.lastname@example.org (please write Deputy director in the headline of the mail) no later than March 29, 2017. Only applications in English will be accepted.
Read more about BØRNEfonden on www.bornefonden.com.