Policy and Project Officer
POLIS - European Cities and Regions Networking for Innovative Transport Solutions
The main tasks associated with this position involve:
- Coordinate and further develop Polis representation towards the European institutions (European Parliament, European Commission, Committee of the Regions…) at political and policy level;
- Monitor relevant European policy developments related to urban mobility;
- Contribute to formulating and promoting Polis position and policy papers as well asresponses to consultations on relevant European policies;
- Manage relations with local political representatives from Polis member cities and regions and organise political Group meetings;
- Develop and manage relations with Polis members’ representatives and offices in Brussels.
- Develop communication strategies and tools for EU funded urban transport projects (including coordination with web designers and communication agencies, management and maintenance of project websites, drafting of publications, organisation of project events, etc.);
- Establish and coordinate relations with project partners and transport stakeholders;
- Organise training and capacity building activities in the field of urban transport;
- Draft policy recommendations;
- Carry out and coordinate overall project management related.
The successful candidate will be expected to have:
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience, ideally within the transport or sustainable development field;
- Very good analytical and writing skills;
- A strong ability to work under pressure and to be involved in a wide range of activities;
- Experience with drafting position papers as well as developing communication tools in English, i.e. drafting newsletter articles,
- press releases, website content, brochures, etc.;
- Experience in managing relations with the European institutions;
- A relevant university degree;
- An excellent command of English (spoken and written); knowledge of other European languages will be an asset.
He/she should be able to join the Polis team in May 2017.