Legal Policy Advisor Non-life Insurance
Insurance Europe is the European insurance and reinsurance federation. Through its 35 member bodies - the national insurance associations - Insurance Europe represents all types of insurance and reinsurance undertakings, eg pan-European companies, monoliners, mutuals and SMEs. Insurance Europe, which is based in Brussels, represents undertakings that account for around 95% of total European premium income. Insurance makes a major contribution to Europe’s economic growth and development. European insurers generate premium income of €1 200bn, directly employ 985 000 people and invest nearly €9 900bn in the economy.
For our personal insurance, general insurance & macroeconomics department, we are looking for a (m/f) Legal policy advisor Non-life insurance.
- Is responsible for monitoring and analysing various EU regulatory initiatives within the non-life insurance domain, in particular on topics related to liability legislation and climate change initiatives;
- Synthesises internal stakeholders’ feedback and prepares papers that reflect the European insurance industry’s views on a range of technical and political issues relating to the non-life insurance domain;
- Communicates information constructively and effectively to Insurance Europe’s internal stakeholders (e.g. is a point of contact for members, updates members regarding legislative developments);
- Prepares, supports and follows-up on the relevant Insurance Europe working groups; contributes to building common industry views;
- Assumes responsibility for contacts and coordination with external stakeholders, including EU institutions (e.g. European Commission, European Parliament) and other public or private organisations;
- Contributes to internal studies and publications relating to the non-life insurance sector;
- Represents the European insurance industry in seminars and conferences, liaises and where needed represents Insurance Europe with other industry groups.
- University degree preferably in Law;
- First experience as a non-life insurance practitioner is an asset;
- Ability to work independently and in team;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Experience in building defendable consensus views amongst stakeholders an asset;
- Active listener, skilled and efficient communicator in an international and multi-cultural environment both verbally and in writing;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Ability to manage complexity, strong analytical skills and proven ability to synthesise feedback;
- Multi-lingual, i.e. proficiency in English, other languages desirable.
We offer you a challenging and exciting position. You will work in a stimulating international environment, with numerous opportunities for personal development. You will have the possibility to participate in projects that will influence the European insurance industry over the coming years. Permanent position, competitive salary.
Please address application letters and curriculum vitae to Insurance Europe, Rue Montoyer 51, 1000 Brussels for the attention of Koen Ameye (e-mail: email@example.com).