Coordinator for International European Projects and Communication Tasks
ALPARC - The Alpine Network of Protected Areas
Level of intervention:
Under the authority of the director, he (she) has as a principal mission the administrative management and coordination of two EU Interreg V B “Alpine Space” projects: YOUrALPS- Educating Youth for the Alps and GaYA- Governance and Youth in the Alps.
The project's language is ENGLISH.
Furthermore, the coordinator has the responsibility of the organisation of the international educational event YAT2017 and participates at the animation and at the development of the communication tools of the Alpine Network.
Management and coordination (financial aspects, organization, coordination) of two EU INTERREG Alpine Space projects: YOURALPS and GAYA:
- Day-to-day management, planning and implementation of the project activities;
- To coordinate the logistical and administrative arrangements of meetings, trainings, workshops and other project activities;
- To ensure that all projects deliverables/output are delivered on time;
- Drafting of narrative and financial reports and monitor/evaluate the relevant project activities;
- Liaise with project partner and the Alpine Space JS secretariat;
- Support the implementation of the Work packages activities in a flexible way, in close cooperation with all the PP;
- Provide strategic/content input and advices to the PP in project development;
- Ensure the coordination of all communication activities (Project website, social network, communicational tool development);
- Insuring the communication work of ALPARC (Newsletters, Internet, Facebook etc.);
- To ensure the overall management of the international educational project “Youth at the Top” (YAT) edition 2017;
- Cooperating with other staff members on request (administration and communication).
- Effective planning and organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines;
- Autonomous work ability;
- High motivation for the promotion of international cooperation between protected areas;
- Fluent English and at least one other Alpine language;
- Perfect handling of the current software programmes (EXCEL, WORD, PPT, BaseCamp …);
- Competences and interest in educational topics focusing on environmental education and sustainable education approaches;
- Experience of management/coordination of European projects will be highly appreciated (EU programme as INTERREG ASP, ERASMUS+ or LIFE+);
- Good knowledge of operation and management of social networks and websites (back office);
- Good communication skills (writing, drafting);
- Capacity to animate, interact and build relations and with a multi-cultural partners/members/stakeholder/environment;
- High motivation to work for and in the Alpine Space.
Level of training:
- High school certificate and 5 years’ studies in projects relevant disciplines; experiences in the field of EU Projects and especially Alpine Space projects (Interreg);
- He (She) has not to have any military obligations, to be in the possession of a valid driving licence (car) and to be able and willing to accept numerous professional travels within the Alps and Europe during several days.
Work contract: 12-month time limited work contract starting if possible from the 24st of April.