About the client
Over the past 25 years, B&S has built-up and maintained its current status as a global company operating in the sector of cooperation for development, on every continent, applying its guiding principle of Development through understanding.
At B&S Europe, they firmly believe that only through respecting local cultures and ways of life can one create sustainable solutions to the multi-faceted challenges faced by developing countries. Rather than dictating solutions from the outside, B&S Europe provides consultancy services that incorporate a comprehensive understanding of local culture and political context and engage in knowledge-transfer practices.
They have consolidated their degree of specialisation in the field of Rule of Law, Democracy and Governance, Security, Civil Society, Regional Development, Social Affairs, and Communication and Events.
They believe in working together with the highest level of respect for all of their professional partners. They are honoured to be working in such an enriching environment, that gives them the daily opportunity to understand and appreciate other cultures. Their work is guided by the principle of adapting to the needs of targeted beneficiaries, putting into practice the ideas defined by the national governments in line with International donors funding provisions.
They will continue implementing projects aiming to make a social impact through strengthening Governance, Justice and Human Rights. In order to achieve this, they are continuously increasing their business partnership with a wide range of local providers from developing countries, as well as consolidating their internal human resource policy to incorporate B&S staff sharing the same core values: honesty, empathy, professionalism and dynamism.
B&S Europe is a member of GOPA Consulting Group.
As Project Manager, you will be in charge of business development and managing projects in Governance related fields in B&S Europe.
In developing new opportunities, you will be in charge of:
- Fact finding missions;
- Setting up consortia;
- Drafting technical proposals;
- Identifying teams of experts (including negotiation);
- Designing budget.
In managing projects, you will be in charge of:
- Coordinating the projects with the team of experts (ensuring technical management, contract and finance procedures);
- Attending steering committees and representing B&S Europe in the country of operations;
- Consolidating relationships with partners and experts;
- Ensuring overall financial control of projects;
- Ensuring quality control of outputs.
Skills and Qualifications
- University Diploma (at least a bachelor degree);
- Fluent in English (Fluent in French, Spanish or Russian is an asset);
- Good communication skills;
- Good IT skills.
- At least 2 years’ experience in drafting proposals and/or project management with international organisations (experience with EU funded projects is an asset);
- At least 2 experiences in drafting proposals or managing at least 1 project;
- Experience in civil society and human rights projects is preferable;
- Experience in projects located in Eastern Europe or Middle East/Maghreb is an asset;
- Good understanding of public procurement procedures (ideally with the EU is preferable);
- Sound financial management and audit skills.
Applications are treated exclusively and in confidence by EARS – European Affairs Recruitment Specialists. To apply please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating in the subject of your email “B&S Europe – Project Manager”. A confirmation of receipt of your application will be sent to you as soon as we receive it.
Deadline for applications: 24th March 2017.