Senior Business Analyst (Financial Messaging)
BIS - Bank for International Settlements
The Bank for International Settlements (BIS) is an international organisation promoting global monetary and financial stability and is a bank for central banks. The BIS's head office is located in Basel, Switzerland, with representative offices in Hong Kong SAR and Mexico City. We recruit globally, regardless of nationality, and offer competitive employment packages.
We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst specialising in financial messaging to join its Banking IT department. Working as part of a team of 13, you will manage the system infrastructure and software, including change analysis and user support. You possess a high level of expertise in SWIFT messaging and have strong Linux (RHEL) skills. Additionally, you have sound knowledge of financial institution business practices and IT platforms, and are a hands-on, solution-oriented team player.
- Provide support for the financial messaging systems, including management of technical and business impact of changes;
- Manage confidential information related to cyber security in financial messaging systems and proposes solutions to related threats;
- Provide business analysis and user support for the development and maintenance of tools and applications;
- Implement and customise package applications using internal scripting/macro languages and reporting tools; develop departmental business applications, interfaces and web-based services;
- Represent the Banking IT department in groups for systems design, integration, standards and change management;
- Ensure that resources are used effectively; liaise with service providers and contribute to contract negotiations; coordinate and oversee contractors and vendors.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- University degree in information management, technology, business administration or a related discipline;
- High level of expertise in SWIFT Messaging Formats and best practices;
- Excellent Linux (RHEL) operational skills (bash, ksh, awk, etc.);
- Strong knowledge of banking business practices (financial instruments, trading platforms, market infrastructures, etc.) and technical infrastructures (IBM MQ, Oracle, Sybase IQ, MS-SQL Server, Tuxedo, Control-M, SAP Business Objects, BizTalk, etc.);
- Excellent knowledge of Excel including advanced VBA programming;
- Experience in the management of Bottomline Technologies GTSuite products is an advantage;
- Knowledge and experience in ISO 20022 is a plus;
- A hands-on, practical approach, with efficient problem-solving skills;
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills; comfortable engaging with staff at all levels;
- Strong communication skills including excellent written and spoken English. Knowledge of another major language would be an advantage;
- Minimum 5 years' experience managing SWIFT infrastructure in a Central Bank or a Commercial Bank.
The BIS employs staff on both open-ended and fixed-term contracts. However, all new entrants are initially recruited on a fixed-term basis. The BIS is fully committed to equal opportunity employment and strives for diversity among its staff. We encourage applications from female candidates.
Employment: Duration: 3 years
Contract type: Fixed-term
Application Deadline: 26/03/2017