Freight & Climate Director
Transport & Environment
The role covers work on truck fuel efficiency regulations, safety standards for new vehicles, EU rail policy, infrastructure spending as well as work on the EU’s 2030 climate targets. You will manage a (currently) three-person, highly motivated team and will work closely with T&E’s vehicles, aviation and shipping, energy, and communications teams.
The skill set we’re looking for includes:
- Proven work experience in the field of transport, energy and/or climate;
- Proven record and skillset to manage a team;
- The capacity to independently develop and implement campaigns;
- A positive, can-do attitude with high work autonomy levels – T&E is not a top-down organisation that values obedience highly;
- An above average understanding of the truck and train business is of course a big plus;
- Fluent English is essential, other European languages in particular German and/or French, are a plus;
- Solid grasp of the EU political system and the role of member states in EU decision-making.
We’re offering a competitive NGO salary, including generous benefits and private health insurance. You’ll be joining a young and expanding office in Brussels, where hours are flexible, home working is welcome and there is ample opportunity to travel.
Please fill in the application form (downloadable here: transenv.eu/2lUuenp) and send to email@example.com. Please also attach a CV and a Word document containing 100 words on your motivation to join us and 300-500 words free of EU bubble speak on what Europe’s strategy for freight transport should be. The closing date for receipt of applications is Thursday, 16 March 2017, at 07.00AM CET (Brussels time). T&E is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.
Established in 1990, Transport & Environment is Europe's leading NGO campaigning for cleaner transport. T&E represents 49 organisations from 26 countries across Europe, and it has contributed to high-profile EU policy changes such as more sustainable biofuels and binding standards for more fuel-efficient cars.