EMMA - European Magazine Media Association
EMMA and ENPA are offering an unpaid, full-time internship at the Secretariat’s offices in Brussels for a period of 3-6 months (a small allowance for transport and food will be paid). This internship will consist of support and assistance in the communication activities of both EMMA and ENPA. It will be of benefit particularly for anyone who seeks professional experience related to communications and event organisation in a membership-based association and who is interested in the developments in media policy.
The internship offers the possibility to learn about the work of both EMMA and ENPA, especially the advocacy and communication actions in Brussels. It also offers the opportunity for interns to hone their writing, editing, design and website development skills.
It consists of support and assistance in the following areas:
- Supporting the organization of EMMA and ENPA events (press events, conferences, meetings, etc).
- Supporting the EMMA and ENPA’s administration and organisational work, such as event registration, database management, etc.
- Updating and developing the EMMA and ENPA websites and other social media tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, blog etc.
- Contributing to the EMMA/ENPA newsletters.
- Support of the Communications Manager in developing and implementing new communication activities and projects for both associations.
- Candidates should have excellent English language skills and very good written and verbal communication skills; the knowledge of one other EU language would be an asset.
- Interest in event organization/management.
- Experienced user of Adobe InDesign is beneficial, knowledge of Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator a plus.
- Knowledgeable in HTML and the Adobe Business Catalyst CMS a plus. Familiarity with other CMS tools also ideal (Wordpress, Wix, Jimdo).
- Strong IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database).
- The candidate should be self-motivated, well organized, and able to work efficiently and autonomously
- The person should be an excellent team-player and have a demonstrable interest in media and EU policy.