IOM - International Organization for Migration
The European Union has awarded the “Guidelines on Mainstreaming Migration into International Cooperation and Development Policy” project to IOM with the aim of contributing to effective mainstreaming of migration into international cooperation and development. The project will produce and pilot guidelines for the use of the EU, other donors and partner countries from the perspective of mainstreaming migration into development aid and donor cooperation and coordination. Accompanying capacity building measures are foreseen in up to three pilot countries targeted by EU development aid.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing effective and efficient technical and administrative support to the project.
- Assist with the implementation of all project activities in compliance with IOM internal policies and procedures as well as the requirements of the EU;
- Assist in monitoring processes and schedules related to the project work plan and spending and, where applicable, assist in the verification of accuracy of documents, reports, etc. to ensure correctness and compliance with relevant guidance material;
- Assist to compile and draft project reports in coordination with the Finance Assistant and Focal Points in the pilot countries;
- Support the selection, contracting, travel, and monitoring of external experts for the development of the Guidelines and related capacity building activities;
- Assist in organizing project events, meetings, and seminars in collaboration with IOM offices and external stakeholders;
- Research, compile, and draft information materials, presentations and other visibility materials for reports, plans, studies, briefings, training, meetings/conferences, etc.
- Proofread documents and edit text and/or numerical values for accuracy, style and adherence to established format standards;
- Perform general administrative tasks to support the project implementation, including the preparation and/or processing of administrative requests/documents (e.g. purchase requisitions, travel requests, contracts, expenditure authorizations, etc.);
- Undertake duty travels and participate in meetings and/or events as required;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Political Science, Migration Studies, International Relations or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience, preferably in similar roles;
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Strong organisational skills including experience contributing to the management of multi-country projects is a requirement;
- Excellent drafting and reporting skills is a requirement;
- Knowledge of EU institutions and EU migration policies is an asset;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge on migration and development is an asset;
- Previous work experience with national, regional or international public bodies would be an advantage;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French and Spanish is an advantage
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.