We are looking for
EuropeanIssuers is looking for a full-time intern to join its Brussels-based team for 6 months. The successful candidate will be assisting in policy work of the association.
The ideal candidate should meet the following requirements:
- General knowledge of EU institutions and legislative processes and interest in EU politics is a must;
- Good research skills and attention to detail;
- Good communication skills: proficient knowledge of English both speaking and writing is essential;
- Interest in capital markets and companies’ ability to access market finance;
- Good IT skills;
- On-going studies or recent university graduate with a focus on political/European studies (we particularly welcome applicants via the Erasmus or Leonardo da Vinci programmes);
- Available to start in the week of 20th February 2017.
Main duties and responsibilities
Policy & research (60%)
- Monitoring legislation via official EU websites, RSS feeds, news, etc.;
- Updating Policy Scorecard giving an overview of all relevant EU legislation;
- Assisting Senior Policy Adviser with organisation of Committees and Working Groups of members, including drafting minutes;
- Attending conferences, meetings and other events and reporting back on behalf of EI.
- Drafting newsflashes/website alerts to members and uploading on EI website;
- Updating the policy sections of website (policy topics, committees, WGs, external representation);
- Updating contact details in policy distribution lists.